ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Tech, Maintenance & Repairs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

20" MTC9000 on 14" Polo tube...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronBoone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 20" MTC9000 on 14" Polo tube...
    Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 11:46am
Hi. I'm trying to fault find an MTC9000 for Adam (Slave01) as it's missing the blue. I've swapped the neckboard transistors around and that hasn't made a difference and I've also swapped the red and blue wires on the neckboard around and the blue circuit can drive the red fine so I'm trying a different tube to see if it's that that's at fault. 

Without taking a cab apart I have a 14" Polo tube which has the same neck socket as the 20" tube the MTC9000 uses. I've been having a root and came across this post over on J+ where Grant says:

Originally posted by gunblade gunblade wrote:

mtc9000 14 to 20" are the exact same chassis
i test 20" chassis on my 14" tube

...so will I be OK to run this chassis on the smaller Polo tube? I took the yoke readings which I handily left at home but one side was 2.5 on both tubes and the other was something like 14.5 on the 20" tube and 12 on the 14". Will that be close enough or is it likely to do some damage? Below are photos of the tubes if that's of any help...

20"

...and 14"...

...in my head it should be fine and if it was my chassis I'd have probably plugged it in with everything crossed but I'd prefer not to make it worse if at all possible Embarrassed

Any and all help appreciated.

Cheers, Steve.

gunblade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote gunblade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 11:17pm
yes will be fine
AaronBoone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronBoone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 9:33am
Thanks Grant Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic