ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > General Arcade Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

30m2 Arcade Outbuilding Project

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
shrunkenmaster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote shrunkenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2016 at 9:08pm
Roofing now complete - 18mm OSB, vapour barrier, 100mm Celotex insulation, 11mm OSB, finished off with EPDM rubber roof...

The rubber was fecking heavy, but easy to install once on the roof. It comes as a single sheet so there's no danger of water ingress through any joins.

Next up - guttering, fitting the door and cladding the front wall.

Alpha1 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Do the Shake and 'VAC

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Alpha1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2016 at 9:10pm
Dude that is huge! Nice work!
Wanted: Time Traveller, GALAXIAN 3 THEATER, 80's Namco & Taito games

Hurray Banana View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurray Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2016 at 9:32pm
Kinnel that must have been a swine to get on the roof.

Nice job so far
Bods View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2016 at 1:10am
Good man, always nice to see more garden building arcades

To be honest i wish i'd done mine bigger, once its been there for so long the council cant do anything about it if no ones complained before.

Still cant remember if the 30m2 is the overall size or the inside floor space, mine ended up 6x5.25 when my brother started with mini digger the wrong side of the line, wish he'd it on all sides now lol

Still keep thinking about extending mine too, could do with an extra bit on the side just to put f355 in so it dont dominate the room, then again i could just do an L shape, then i might as well join the house extension to it so you dont have to go outside to get to bottom of garden lol
WANTED! Buggy Boy Junior Rear Seat. Continental Circus Cockpit Lower Rear Light Plexi and more space

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shrunkenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2016 at 8:44pm
Cladding done, just a few details to finish. Electrical work next up...

AnDyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AnDyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2016 at 9:03pm
Looks awesome dude
UKVaC, often copied, never beaten.
strykr View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strykr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2016 at 10:20pm
Nice! Whens the meet Smile
Wanted - Electrocoin Wheels Runner Cabinet http://tinyurl.com/oq6dkau
Badlands & Champ sprint TG mame WR holder
Hurray Banana View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurray Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2016 at 10:32pm
Nice
Bensonrad View Drop Down
STILL looking for an Outrun & Paperboy!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bensonrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2016 at 10:38pm
Wow, looks ace, just realised you are super close by as well.
Wanted: Super Pacman Bezel, Millipede Euro inner Bezel. Asteroids Cabaret Cab, Exterminator & Arkanoid set ups. Always after Millipede/Paperboy/Super Pacman/Outrun/Taito S.I PCBs
Shinydaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shinydaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2016 at 11:05pm
Great job, this is next year's plan for me. What's the scope on building near the boundary, 1 metre?

Plan to put it between the tree and conifer, is 30sqm the max size I'm allowed? Was thinking of just a huge log cabin though.

Hunting for a pole position !!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shrunkenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2016 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by Shinydaz Shinydaz wrote:

Great job, this is next year's plan for me. What's the scope on building near the boundary, 1 metre?

Plan to put it between the tree and conifer, is 30sqm the max size I'm allowed? Was thinking of just a huge log cabin though.

If you're less than 2m to the boundary, you can only go 2.5m high and must build using substantially non-combustible materials. You can go up to 30m2 as permitted development, over that you'll need planning permission. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shrunkenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 7:22pm
Electrical first fix done. This is the most exciting picture I have Big smile

RSwanson View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RSwanson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 11:41pm
Nice work, it's looking great.
I'm really interested in this "rubber roof" though.
Does it come in custom 1 piece sizes?  If so, can you give me a rough idea of how much it costs?  I was looking into fibre glass type roofing the other day.
Also, does it need a certain incline, or can it be flat?

Cheers!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shrunkenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2016 at 6:46am
Originally posted by RSwanson RSwanson wrote:

Nice work, it's looking great.
I'm really interested in this "rubber roof" though.
Does it come in custom 1 piece sizes?  If so, can you give me a rough idea of how much it costs?  I was looking into fibre glass type roofing the other day.
Also, does it need a certain incline, or can it be flat?

Cheers!

I got mine from here, supplied as one piece: https://www.rubber4roofs.co.uk/epdm-calculator/

All roofs should have an incline to allow water to run off: http://www.buildingregs4plans.co.uk/guidance_flat_roof_drainage.php

RSwanson View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RSwanson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2016 at 11:39pm
Thanks for the info, it looks like great stuff!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote shrunkenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2016 at 5:52pm
Some progress - got the ceiling plasterboarded and taped, ready for plastering. My dog has just had a double cruciate ligament operation, so I've been more concerned with getting him up and running again.

The ceiling:

The boy:

AnDyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AnDyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2016 at 6:08pm
Taking shape mate, that space looks huge. Hope your boy gets well soon
UKVaC, often copied, never beaten.
griffo83x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote griffo83x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2016 at 7:01pm
fair play mate the dog comes first Thumbs UpClap
wanted video wizard/ Ec midi / similar jamma cab :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote shrunkenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2016 at 7:32pm
100mm iInsulation going in:

I also have a proper power supply, after running 40 metres of SWA from the house. Waiting for a day off work to get the plasterboard delivered for the walls...

bonehead View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2016 at 8:02pm
That's looking really good. You must be well pleased?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic