ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Trading Post > Auctions & Ebay Stuff
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

£450 very tidy Space Harrier Deluxe in Glasgow

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
John Bennett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by NaokiS NaokiS wrote:

Facebook or skype?

Skype would be my preference, but can do either
http://www.philwip.com -sibling 'fix-off' (I’m losing by miles).
NaokiS View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NaokiS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by John Bennett John Bennett wrote:

Originally posted by NaokiS NaokiS wrote:

Facebook or skype?

Skype would be my preference, but can do either

Pm me your Skype and I'll set it up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 10:38pm
A brief summary - I'd say it's underway. Got a lot of components made and in places close to the original.

If anyone else wants to join, sign-up and request to join the project.

There's definitely room for others - there's a lot of wires to go in the schematic and I've bashed out quite a few new parts, so even just looking at the pinouts would help.

I'll handle all the nasty stuff if you just want to draw some lines between components (hint: use net labels)

The project page is here:
https://workspace.circuitmaker.com/Projects/Details/John-Bennett-11/834-5801

We're using Skype to chat, rather than making this a 100 page thread.
Big Phil View Drop Down
Captain Phil

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 8:55am
The love in this thread is outstanding!
DMD Board Repairer
neil1637 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neil1637 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 9:53am
Originally posted by Big Phil Big Phil wrote:

The love in this thread is outstanding!

Couldn't agree more. The community feel is amazing. This is the whole reason I love this place.
Please visit my Arcade Diary Blog at https://neilsarcadediary.wordpress.com/

Grail search - Donkey kong upright; Centipede upright.
dj_yt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj_yt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 10:21am
Fantastic work chaps. The more hardware designs and components that can be open sourced, the better chance we have of preserving the machines and entire hobby into the far future.

Really cool to see everyone working together and turning a negative into a positive. Heart
NaokiS View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NaokiS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 9:41pm
Is it possible to get a picture of the picture of the white connector to see what type it is?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 9:43pm
Also, I don't suppose someone could measure the resistor networks (please)? They'll be 8 of the same resistor, all going to a common pin.
karlcdoe View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karlcdoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 10:35pm

Also, I don't suppose someone could measure the resistor networks (please)? They'll be 8 of the same resistor, all going to a common pin.

pcb screen / component label / aprox reading in circuit  (Ohm)
RA1 / 471 J(?) / 465
RA2 / A102 J / 990
RA3 / A102J / 980

Also, here is a shot of the white connector, unfortunately labelled up as 'CN.T':

Edited by karlcdoe - 18 May 2018 at 10:37pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 10:43pm
Great, thanks. I'll put them in as 1k and 470R arrays.

I've put a few more bits in tonight and some more signals. Lots more to add though (if you want to put any in, draw a line from the pin, put a NetLabel on it, then draw a line on the destination and put an net label on it with the same name (or just copy and paste the label).
NaokiS View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NaokiS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 10:51pm
I know that connector, Nissan's use them a lot but I can't remember the make or type

EDIT: Maybe not, similar

Edited by NaokiS - 18 May 2018 at 10:57pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 11:29pm
I suppose we could replicate the part pads and also have, in parallel, pads for a junction block, so you could re-use the original or use wires and blade crimps (or lop the plug off).

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 11:47pm
One more question, please

IC 8 isn't on the schematics and is unpopulated on the board. It's the empty DIL-20 with extra rows of pads around it.
Does it go anywhere?
I'll put it in for completeness, regardless, but might as well track it if it goes somewhere.
NaokiS View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NaokiS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 12:06am

One more question, please

IC 8 isn't on the schematics and is unpopulated on the board. It's the empty DIL-20 with extra rows of pads around it.
Does it go anywhere?
I'll put it in for completeness, regardless, but might as well track it if it goes somewhere.

Correct me if wrong but IC8 is above the unpopulated part. As for the part it only connects to another unpopulated RA network to the side. I can always drop in thru-holes to replicate this but electrically it has no purpose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 8:45am
You're right. Tired and wine.

I stuck in a DIL20 socket and made two 10-way header strips - keeps the schematics in sync with the PCB.
DanP View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Whipcracker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 10:19am
@John Bennett, if you would like to use our Slack space for comms I can setup a new Channel devoted to this effort.   Should be possible to make it viewable by anyone and updatable by those contributing only.

Dan
NaokiS View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NaokiS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 12:09pm
Also @Jhon

Seems to be a fair amount of crossed wires between schem and board layout. Made a few notes but could you double check IC5 and IC7? Also RA2 and IC5 I've listed pin connections on the schem file, seems also to be crossed between RA2 and the JST-26 connector
NaokiS View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NaokiS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 11:25pm
Added a thread into Homebrew for now altough it's not technically coding nor is it technically a repair. We dont have a hardware forum for new boards!

ocb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ocb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 10:05am
What a story guys. Only picked it up last night once kids were in bed etc.So much so I finished reading it in bed on my phone...something I *never* do!

I saddens me that such scrotes exist that would so intentionally rip someone off like that (although I did see he was also in the "car business"...{ahem}).

How the heck it ended up in the Barras, especially if someone had not that long ago paid such a lot for it?

I'm from that part of the world, used to live just down the road in fact. A gem like that (or any other decent cab) doesn't end up there "by accident", unless via a house clearance - which I guess isn't the case here.

What a save, that's for sure. So glad it's someone from here. 

Even better, those with the skills and brains getting together to start designing and hopefully fab'n "unobtanium" VAC boards Hug

Will be good to hear if things finally "get righted" for Andreas - even if it's *not* his board, looks like UKVAC Fab Team will be to the rescue :D
Coin-op addict 1976-1983, 88-92, 2014-Present. Regional Atari (Pac-Man) Champion 1982. Utter failure at consoles & handhelds.WANTED - ATARI BREAKOUT RF CAGE!!!
NaokiS View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NaokiS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 10:18am
Originally posted by ocb ocb wrote:

What a story guys. Only picked it up last night once kids were in bed etc.So much so I finished reading it in bed on my phone...something I *never* do!

I saddens me that such scrotes exist that would so intentionally rip someone off like that (although I did see he was also in the "car business"...{ahem}).

How the heck it ended up in the Barras, especially if someone had not that long ago paid such a lot for it?

I'm from that part of the world, used to live just down the road in fact. A gem like that (or any other decent cab) doesn't end up there "by accident", unless via a house clearance - which I guess isn't the case here.

What a save, that's for sure. So glad it's someone from here. 

Even better, those with the skills and brains getting together to start designing and hopefully fab'n "unobtanium" VAC boards Hug

Will be good to hear if things finally "get righted" for Andreas - even if it's *not* his board, looks like UKVAC Fab Team will be to the rescue :D

Firstly. I work in the car trade. We're not all scammers

Anyone with a cab like this will benefit! And I'm sure we'll be making more as time comes
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
  Share Topic