ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Fix logs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

ABI boardmaster 4000

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
PlanB contributor #1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ace` Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2017 at 1:29pm
It's a custom serial cable, the pinout is on page 47 of the manual. I changed the original fan too, even though it was a high quality papst the noise was too much, this is the one I used http://www.quietpc.com/na-ds-60.
dorkshoei View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dorkshoei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by DanP DanP wrote:

I was going to suggest that Nad.   If people are happy and willing to contribute I'll create and maintain an ABI Boardmaster 4000 thread in "Technical".   I think I've only scraped the surface of it's capabilities myself...

Seconded.   It would be nice also to merge the useful info from the various ABI threads into one.    Or create some links that point to useful content from the other threads.  

Edited by dorkshoei - 16 May 2017 at 5:12pm
Monstermug View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monstermug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 7:18pm
My ghetto BDO cable unit I made from bits laying around the house.  Probably overkill but I didn't want to hack up a perfectly good set of probes to make this.  Now to learn how to use it Ouch

martin8or View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin8or Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 7:38pm
OMG! I just threw my home-made bdo cable in the bin.
Ace` View Drop Down
PlanB contributor #1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ace` Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 8:00pm
Why would you bin it martin?

Looks good Monstermug, I did plan to make one but I just remove the cpu (if it's socketed) and remove / ground the crystal as that seems to be enough.
martin8or View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin8or Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 8:37pm
I felt insignificant after seeing Monstermug's superior bdo cable. I'm OK now though. I went and got mine out of the bin.

Ace` View Drop Down
PlanB contributor #1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ace` Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 8:44pm
LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic