ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Trading Post > Valuations
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Amiga 1200 valuation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rawrior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Amiga 1200 valuation
    Posted: 24 Feb 2018 at 9:56pm
Hi there,

New to the site, wondering if anyone can help with a valuation for this?

Can upload more pics if needed later.

I have 2 power bricks with it don't think they are the originals though, one is labelled for an A600 but is extremely light and someone has put a A1200 sticker on it, the other doesn't specify which Amiga it is for but is very heavy.

Has an original Amiga mouse, looks like it has seen more use than the A1200 though.

I have a scart cable and a video cable as well.  It came with 2 x 1084s monitors and 2 x apollo accelerator cards.

Bensonrad View Drop Down
STILL looking for an Outrun & Paperboy!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bensonrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2018 at 10:12pm
Probably worth a fair bit, a few years back I had a 1200 I was putting up for sale for £50 and was told to look in the expansion port and see if it had anything, turned out it had an accelerator card and I ended up getting £125 for that alone and £50 for the 1200.  Looking on feebay it would seem prices have gone way way higher nowadays for 1200 and the cards, probably best looking there for a going rate.  The monitors can make good arcade test rigs, but the size of them makes it hard to post, they used to sell anything between £10 to £50, I got £30 for mine about 2 years back...but looking on feebay they go for crazy money now, wow the Amiga scene looks to have shot up just like the Nintendo stuff.
Wanted: Super Pacman Bezel, Millipede Euro inner Bezel. Small Cabaret Project Cab, Exterminator set up. Always after Millipede/Paperboy/Super Pacman/Outrun/Taito S.I PCBs
Rawrior View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rawrior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2018 at 10:19pm
Yeah I did have a look on feebay just hard to judge where mine should sit, I look at one and think it looks great then take a closer look and its either been opened or tampered with in some way.  This one looks like it has been used a handful of times if even, the badge still has the original protective film on it.  
It came with a second 1200 which in alot worse condition, the fella I got it from has actually crammed a 3.5" pc hard drive in it padded out with paper to stop it moving around.  Guessing he had one for messing about with and one to keep mint?
chadsarcade View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Lord of Vectors (tm)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chadsarcade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 12:39pm
The A600 PSU could well be a 1200 one, I had one like this back in the day. The heavier one is probably from an A500 and is required for the Amiga with an HDD. The output current of the A500 PSU is higher and would be needed to prevent random crashes on the A1200 with the added load of the HDD - I had to do exactly this after fitting a 3.5" HDD years ago.

The accelerators have value on their own, but it should be noted that Apollo were notorious for scratching off the CPU speed and overclocking them, so a 40MHz accelerator might only have a 25MHz CPU. The amount of RAM (and whether it's upgradeable) and the CPU type/speed will have a bearing on their value. Can you provide any more details?

New accelerators are still being made and can be had for around £100 (the ACA1221ec), some people prefer this route for the peace of mind of a warranty.

For the mint 1200 I'd say £150ish?

For the not-so-mint one you'd be looking at less, the HDD doesn't really add value as anyone serious about their Amigas would replace this with a new 8Gb CF card or other SSD device which can be had quite cheaply.

Purity View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
The Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 5:03pm
I'd agree at £150 for a decent looking A1200
chadsarcade View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Lord of Vectors (tm)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chadsarcade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 5:48pm
Looks like these might be on eBay now
Clicky
Rawrior View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rawrior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 6:23pm
I have a few Amigas, got 5 in total the one in question hasn't been listed yet just watching a few that are ending soon to get a rough price.

So I still have the main Amiga to value and work out what I do with 800 Amiga floppy disks.

Thanks for all the advice so far.
DaytimeDreamer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaytimeDreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 1:05am
Valuation:

Amiga 1200: Have you confirmed it works? Capacitors in the A600 and A1200 tend to leak. If it works you are looking around 150+ for the A1200 alone.

The Apollo cards really depend on the type of accelerator. Usually a 68030 50mhz with FPU 68882 costs from £180 upwards depending on the ram etc. But like said these can a bit unreliable.

The heavy PSU is 99% from an Amiga 500 like stated. The 1084s monitors would be worth £50-60 I believe.

Edited by DaytimeDreamer - 26 Feb 2018 at 2:06am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic