Forum Home Forum Home > Trading Post > Auctions & Ebay Stuff
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Another Out Run just showed up

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griffo83x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2018 at 10:19pm
Getting stupid now, some people have more money than sense.
wanted video wizard/ Ec midi / similar jamma cab :)
Body pop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Body pop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 12:22am
Originally posted by Flynn Flynn wrote:

yes. Just got outbid :/

If the selller wants 1500 cash and avoid ebay cost, get in touch;)

That’s a great offer ,hope you get it for that
RetroGamer78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RetroGamer78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 10:35am
Seriously, what’s it worth?
With needing a bit of tlc it’s not in as good a condition as benskeltons but could be.
£1500 is a good offer and very tempting + it would be going to a member of the forum.
I would think once you start going above £1500 you would want it mint.
But then again the 1 with the furry steering wheel went for £1500, so who knows

kidyamlo View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kidyamlo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by RetroGamer78 RetroGamer78 wrote:

Seriously, what’s it worth?
With needing a bit of tlc it’s not in as good a condition as benskeltons but could be.
£1500 is a good offer and very tempting + it would be going to a member of the forum.
I would think once you start going above £1500 you would want it mint.
But then again the 1 with the furry steering wheel went for £1500, so who knows

It is worth what it sells for, no more, no less. The next one that comes along may go for 1500. Not enough of them about for there to be anything like a stable market.

Sold for 2150 :-/

Edited by kidyamlo - 21 Oct 2018 at 10:04pm
Read: https://bit.ly/2AJEpV7 / Wanted: Pole Position 2 Irish dedicated mini (preferably a project, but anything considered); Sigma Spiders cabaret
Shinydaz View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shinydaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 9:53pm
2k now surely it wont go up much more?
Out of room but always room for one more !
J69 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 9:54pm
That's mental.

Chopper79 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 10:02pm
£2150! Absolutely stupid price.
Bensonrad View Drop Down
STILL looking for an Outrun & Paperboy!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bensonrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 10:05pm
Personally the cab is all original, has a topper, very nice working condition, I certainly thought it would go a bit over £1500, thing is the run in to xmas is here, nostalgia kicks in, people with money wanting a decent cab will pay that.  We've now had 3 cab go in the past year for £1500 region.
Wanted: Super Pacman Bezel, Millipede Euro inner Bezel. Small Cabaret Project Cab, Exterminator set up. Always after Millipede/Paperboy/Super Pacman/Outrun/Taito S.I PCBs
Horsey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horsey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 10:25pm
Tbh I'm now happy to build my own with a lcd and pi set up. Was the ultimate sin at one point, but now, it's a rich man's game.
To have a dream row of an Outrun, Tempest, Defender you are needing 2k a pop.
Crazy times
robotech View Drop Down
User
User

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 11:15pm
Yes i feel like us folk with normal jobs / familys to support ect are getting priced out of the hobbie
Needed to get in earlier to have a chance of owning a tempest
Asteroids ect

Loads of pcbs that i would like but cant afford
But am happy with my mame setup gotta be crt though
Lcd sucks
Mr Bond View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Bond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 7:07am
Crazy money. I think I’d want a full motion for that price! Lol
lix View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 9:39am
Bloke at my workplace found out that I'm into arcade machines and told me he wants an Outrun, where can he get one from? In the end he purchased some horrible generic multi-game cab for a ridiculous sum.

I think pretty much every blokey magazine / website has a 'mancave' article every so often that features an arcade machine, so every bloke simply has to have one. You've got credit cards and endless finance to blame for the rest of the story!

Edited by lix - 22 Oct 2018 at 9:42am
Sbdesign View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sbdesign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 10:53am
Interesting price.

Something to consider For people who think a item is worth what it sells for. & Simple as that.
This can only be true if (a few examples)...
*Nobody can be ripped off
*Nobody can be Tricked/mis-sold
*You can 100% confirm what money transferred between parties.
*No rich buyers pay over what its worth as they want it now and pay the price, and even know its not worth what they are paying but do not care.
Amongst other things.
PM ME IF you have VIRTUA COP - please
nurtuo View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nurtuo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 11:23am
Not sure what all the price discussions are really.
Try it in Tesco's when you buy a bottle of milk.
Pay the money, or leave it on the shelf.
They will not want to talk about if its cheaper somewhere else or if its worth it or not.
If it sells for a £1 today, then its value is currently a £1.
Tomorrow who knows.
If people cannot afford it that does not make it wrong, that's life.

If its wrong, tell an Estate Agent why a flat in Westminster is worth £8,000,000.
and see what he has to say about it.

You pay you Own, You don't pay you don't.
You're Cool, The Engines Hot, The Girl Is Gorgeous, A Tankful Of Gas And An Open Road......The Rest Is Up To You!
Body pop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Body pop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 11:55am
How much was an outrun the same as this when they came out
I’d guess a bit more than that ,and a serious amount of inflation on top to add now
I used to think when I first started collecting pcbs 20 odd years ago ,that surely some day they will be worth as much as they were purchased for, (ok no mame then and conversions to consoles wernt great )nemesis and things like ninja warriors have reached that already
Will the bubble burst ,mmm probably .but maybe not
At the min if you want outrun you have to pay big ,otherwise by something equally as fun that
Others don’t remember as fondly ,like wec le mans for 300 or so chase hq 500 or so
Will Sega rally prices go like this In ten years ,who knows
Outrun is still cheap compared to top end pinballs,crazy but true ,but I think the pinballs have reached their peak now with the remakes coming about
If everyone puts their outrun on now expecting this money it would reverse to supply and demand and they would be back down ,but that’s not gonna happen is it ?
J69 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 12:13pm
I reckon Chase HQ prices will be on the up soon. Not many of them for sale in recent years. Same with Super Hang on and Afterburner
kidyamlo View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kidyamlo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by Sbdesign Sbdesign wrote:

Interesting price.

Something to consider For people who think a item is worth what it sells for. & Simple as that.
This can only be true if (a few examples)...
*Nobody can be ripped off
*Nobody can be Tricked/mis-sold
*You can 100% confirm what money transferred between parties.
*No rich buyers pay over what its worth as they want it now and pay the price, and even know its not worth what they are paying but do not care.
Amongst other things.

All fair points, perhaps with the exception of the last one.
Read: https://bit.ly/2AJEpV7 / Wanted: Pole Position 2 Irish dedicated mini (preferably a project, but anything considered); Sigma Spiders cabaret
ronsplooter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronsplooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 12:56pm
Bloody hell!!! Might be time to sell one of my Outrun's if that's what people are paying Shocked
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic