ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > General Arcade Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Any one dealt with findarcadegames.com

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any one dealt with findarcadegames.com
    Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 6:23pm
Hi guys, was looking at trying to buy of find arcade games.com but they seem a bit dodgy. Has anyone dealt with them before?
Thanks
SUPERSPRINT View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SUPERSPRINT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 6:33pm
It would appear they don’t have any stock, but will try and find you a game if you commit to buy, a load of rubbish if you ask me. Just put out the feelers on the forum if you’re after something.
Alpha1 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Do the Shake and 'VAC

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alpha1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 6:42pm
Just post a wanted here. What are you after?
Wanted: Time Traveller, GALAXIAN 3 THEATER, 80's Namco & Taito games

carl_85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 7:04pm
Cheers guys, yeah that’s what I am doing. After Nintendo cabs really, dk,jr, Popeye! Have already contacted ken and James so hopefully will be able to find something. They are advertising a dk great condition. For £1595 but can’t get hold of them and they don’t respond to emails. Think I will give them a miss!
Flinnster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 7:09pm
I was gonna say, is that site even real? The first time I saw it I thought 'gawd, not another search aggregator'.. there's a few out there that just scrape ebay, gumtree and the like for listings.

Wanted: - PCBs: Rainbow Islands, Rolling Thunder, Original Wonderboy PCB
- Parts needed: Naomi non-swivel castor / wheel, coin mech metal clip for Dino King Door
aeroflott View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
A different league

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeroflott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by carl_85 carl_85 wrote:

Hi guys, was looking at trying to buy of find arcade games.com but they seem a bit dodgy. Has anyone dealt with them before?
Thanks

You'll get gouged on price. Put a wanted ad up here.
itruk View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote itruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 7:17pm
Just have patience and don't pay for overpriced games from sites like that and others (libertygames)
They'll only source them from the US and ship them over in containers..just like people are doing already.

Patience is key.

WANTS:

Playchoice 10 Games
- please PM me :)
jengineer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jengineer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 9:27pm
Home Leisure Direct is one to avoid as well, unless you want to pay triple the price of what it’s actually worth
ooooooh if I had the space (and the money) I'd have that...
virtvic View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
The Cabaret King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote virtvic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 9:50pm
Keep away from anything with the name 'voyager' on it, too.

There are dubious arcade suppliers on eBay - if you do a bit of homework on here, you'll soon find out who they are...
THE PENCE IS MIGHTIER THAN THE SWORD!

Check out the podcast

http://tenpencearcade.co.uk
carl_85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 9:54pm
Thanks for the heads up. A steap learning curve for me. I am a big console and game collector, but want to start getting some cabs. Hopefully about 5 or 6 in total. Great to find you guys. It’s a great help. I have a basic idea off pricing on the cabs I want but other than that I am a complete noob
carl_85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by jengineer jengineer wrote:

Home Leisure Direct is one to avoid as well, unless you want to pay triple the price of what it’s actually worth

Yeah actually I think they have a dk jr for £3000! And that’s in the sale. Sounded a lot to me so I asked alex if they were worth more than dk and Popeye! He said there all roughly worth the same. So completely price gouging!
Can’t wait to start getting some cabs. Wouldn’t mind getting a couple of Astro city type cabs they run multi games. And they seem to be around the £600-£700 mark which seems pretty decent, and of course I would like one dedicated MAME really just for the variety.
virtvic View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
The Cabaret King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote virtvic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 10:06pm
Consider a Sega Naomi universal cab for a make cab.
Lovely 28" screens, which will display a vertical game almost the same size as a 19" monitor orientated.
They are usually already vga screens, so no messing with adaptors and 15khz software. Control panels are easy to swap around too. They are usually quite cheap as well.
THE PENCE IS MIGHTIER THAN THE SWORD!

Check out the podcast

http://tenpencearcade.co.uk
bonehead View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 10:22pm
Alpha 1 has some nice net city cabs for sale which are perfect for Jamma games.

Like vic says Naomi cabs are also gold cabs.
Always looking for a bargain.
Wanted. Centipede uprigh, bezerk, mad planets.
carl_85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 10:46pm
oh really, thanks I will take a look at them. I do love the style of those cabs. I think I have seen them go pretty cheap to be honest. will definitely be looking In to that Thumbs Up
jengineer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jengineer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by carl_85 carl_85 wrote:

Originally posted by jengineer jengineer wrote:

Yeah actually I think they have a dk jr for £3000! And that’s in the sale. Sounded a lot to me so I asked alex if they were worth more than dk and Popeye! He said there all roughly worth the same. So completely price gouging!
Can’t wait to start getting some cabs. Wouldn’t mind getting a couple of Astro city type cabs they run multi games. And they seem to be around the £600-£700 mark which seems pretty decent, and of course I would like one dedicated MAME really just for the variety.

There stock never changes so they mustn’t sell much, probably more of a hobby for them
ooooooh if I had the space (and the money) I'd have that...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic