ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Virtuality > Virtuality Games
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Any other games ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Virtually real!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simon_m74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any other games ?
    Posted: 28 Jan 2013 at 1:59pm
Hi there,

the only game I have for my VR is Dactyl Nightmare.

does anyone have any others ? for Stand up or Sit down ?

Simon
Setch View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
The nice admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Setch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2013 at 2:01pm
Pretty sure Tim has them all ripped, he did post links to them once upon a time on here somewhere but I had a search over the weekend and couldn't find them.

Pretty sure Oll has one or two as well

Me.. I've got nothing, so not much help
Wanted:
Model 2 Video Board, Model 3 Racing ROM Boards.
Red Sega Sitdown Plastics
IDCHAPPY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
KANFU Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IDCHAPPY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2013 at 7:46pm
Yey, another new part of the forum .
I never even had a shot of this
We are the 45
gridrunner View Drop Down
Ex-lurker!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gridrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2013 at 8:57pm
If anybody needs some FTP space to house this stuff please PM me.

Stu

trm View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
Who loves you, and who do you love?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2013 at 6:41pm
This post has a link to my dumps of the hard disks from both my Virtualitys. They're plain Amiga HDD images made with 'dd' so could be written back to disk and booted, or you could mount them in WinUAE (instructions are in that thread) and then copy the directories over to your VR boxes.

There'll be no accusations,
Just friendly crustaceans,
Under the seaaaaaa!
simon_m74 View Drop Down
Virtually real!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simon_m74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2013 at 12:22am
Thanks Tim,

I have downloaded them, and I will play about with them soon, but for now, all my vr time is spent on rebuilding my system with then new screens. tutorials will be up when complete.
simon_m74 View Drop Down
Virtually real!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simon_m74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2013 at 7:27pm
Tim,
I have managed to run the files! It gets so far,then waits for the tracker, on winuae.

I have installed backbench on an Amiga 3000 setup on winuae, and added the files as hard drive images. I can now browse the files, and even open most of the, using a workbench program called multi view.

That program has enabled me to confirm other games are on the files, as well as on hdd's I have.

I have checked them out, listened to sounds that bought back great memories of Heavy Metal!

Games I seem to have access to...
Dactyl nightmare
Vtol. ( thanks Stu)
Gridbusters
Legend quest
Battlesphere
Walker (heavy metal - the one I have been
after for years!)

I will confirm others as and when I can. As there are the files on a hard drive for more than one game, I plan to decipher how the boot sequence works to load the game of choice. Then I hope to be able to create a menu upon boot,,so a game can be chosen.

Thanks Tim for those files, thanks Stu for lending me the HDD, ( I am anticipating what is on the other drive!).

Once I figure out how to manage the games booting, I will share.

Anyone have any suggestions how amigas boot to games/workbench? I used to create my own menu floppy disc app collections, so it should come back to me easy.

I will keep the forum updated

Simon
IDCHAPPY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
KANFU Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IDCHAPPY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2013 at 8:56pm
Great work again buddy
We are the 45
simon_m74 View Drop Down
Virtually real!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simon_m74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2013 at 9:00pm
Hi guys,

I`m trying to decipher the start up codes to get a different game to run!

I can fit all the games I listed above onto a single HDD for the system ( as long as the Amiga 3000 can use a 1GB HDD ? )

I want to make a menu to boot a chosen game. 
PM me if you can help me.

I need advice on how to mod the files and get it to start another game upon boot - and create a menu.
Its all Amiga files, so I have typed out the text style ones onto notepad.  As for the rest, I can supply a clone image, but you will need HDClone to restore it to a USB drive ( or whatever ), and WinUAE to veiw the files.

If anyone can help.... please do!

Once I can get more than one game to load, then I will see about adding different controls for the different games :)

Simon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic