Anyone got DE SW v1.07

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Busting vectors like it's 1982!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone got DE SW v1.07
    Posted: 08 May 2018 at 10:46pm
I'm part being lazy and part being practical since I'm on Mac and the patching tools are Windows based.

Does anyone have a ready patched CPU rom at v1.07 they could send me please? I can readily prove that I own an original machine and v1.03 ROM file.

Thanks.

[PS] Just to clarify, I'm after the file, not the physical ROM. I'm more than capable of burning my own ROM. Actually I'm probably going to double it up and multi-rom it since I don't know yet if I'm going to like the new game code. I'm still on the factory v1.03.

Edited by guddler - 08 May 2018 at 10:48pm
guddler View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 10:53pm
Never mind - I just found an IPS patch tool for MacOS
SUPERSPRINT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SUPERSPRINT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 11:00pm
http://www.pinballcode.com/downloads

Have you tried the patch on this site?
guddler View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 11:02pm
Yeah, it's OK - done it now. It wasn't the patch, it was the fact that the listed patcher was Windows only. Didn't take long to find a patcher that worked on MacOS though.

I'll give the ROM a go tomorrow. Bit late to be playing pinball now.
t-m View Drop Down

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t-m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 1:24pm
Definitely worth the upgrade in my opinion.
guddler View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 7:44pm
Well, fixed the power switch on the pin today and upgraded the ROM to v1.07.

Can honestly say that so far the only difference I can tell is that I don't score loads for the loops which I knew about. Other than that, seems the same to me. Will have to go through the change list.
guddler View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 10:57pm
OK, after half a dozen plays tonight I take that back. Saw a few features I've never seen before (or don't remember anyway), Empire and Bonus hold, plus more seems to go on. I guess it also helps having a properly levelled play field as well.

As soon as I get time to sit down and sort out an order it's going to be Colour DMD time and LEDs
Alpha1 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Do the Shake and 'VAC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alpha1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 11:13pm
You seen the pinsound upgrade for it?
Wanted: Time Traveller, GALAXIAN 3 THEATER, 80's Namco & Taito games

guddler View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 11:43pm
Originally posted by Alpha1 Alpha1 wrote:

You seen the pinsound upgrade for it?

Yeah, nearly ordered one last week but I had issues to sort out first (now sorted). Since then I’ve read that a colour dmd AND pinsound together put a hell of a drain on the 12v and can cause a lot of problems. I have no interest in changing the music, I absolutely love the funky 90’s Star Wars remix so given a choice of dmd or sound I’d prefer dmd. My DMD has always been ‘jittery’ when a lot is going on so I’m hoping an led display will solve that. I suspect it’s dodgy HV (90v?)
t-m View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t-m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 8:32am
I have a pinsound in another game and there's no benefit in it being there really with the exception that I don't have the original sound board.

Be interesting to see how you get on with the colour dmd and which one you choose as there seems to be a choice these days.

guddler View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 9:00am
I believe on DE games only the new LED variant will fit due to the design of the speaker panel. I think I’d prefer that anyway but apparently it’s not perfect, the leds are meant to be very visible when off.

Why’s nothing straightforward ??
t-m View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t-m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 9:43am
Ahh ok so you're going for a 'proper' Color DMD not one of the DMDST32/DMDMK66 type projects.  I think some people have been experimenting with filters to make the off LEDs less visible.  Some smoked perspex helped when I put together a DMD Clock a while back.

I tried to look into all the differences and got thoroughly confused
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic