Forum Home Forum Home > Trading Post > Wanted
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Anyone have a cheap Dreamcast?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon Belmont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone have a cheap Dreamcast?
    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 7:40am
Looking at the gdemu's.

Cheers
ShinraArcade View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShinraArcade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 10:43pm
What do you call cheap nowadays? Got a couple in the garage that I'll need to excavate.. Not sure how many controllers I've got...
Was thinking about the gdemu my self recently. Do you need any particular model? Mine are both early versions that play CDR although one doesn't play discs as well as the other.
mozie View Drop Down
User
User

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mozie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 2:43am
Has to be a VA1 which is the vast majority of dreamcasts if it’s a very early VA0 or a late production VA2 it won’t work..easy enough to tell by bottom of console or by number printed on side of controller pcb when you take the cover off
Simon Belmont View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon Belmont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 7:13am
Hello there.

Yes what mozie said it has to be a VA1.

Let me know what you have ShinraArcade.

Edited by Simon Belmont - 15 Jan 2020 at 7:13am
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ShinraArcade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2020 at 7:20pm
Sorry only just seen this considering I've been on here quite a bit over the past couple of days I wonder what else I've missed....

I'll have a dig around the garage in a little while. I remember checking these numbers years back to see if they can play backups and both do, but I'll dig them out anyway.

User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShinraArcade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2020 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by Simon Belmont Simon Belmont wrote:

Hello there.

Yes what mozie said it has to be a VA1.

Let me know what you have ShinraArcade.

So both have a "1" in the circle as per the image from memory that's how I defined the model last time.
Let me know if you want me to open them up or anything.

Unfortunatley I lent one of these to my brother a few years back, just found it in the same bag it came back in and there's no AV cable. He's an evil cable chucker so there's no chance of getting it back.

So I've got what I believe is an RGB cable (I'll have a proper inspection tomorrow) but a quick look at the pins tells me it's more than comp and stereo.

AV cables are about £4 on eBay but RGB ones are around the £15 mark so I'd rather keep it than have to buy another later.
I have two controllers, 1 VMU and the light gun.
I'll be keeping the machine with the best GD-ROM so the unit I send might struggle with some CDR.

Delivered Pricing is as follows:

Unit only (+Power cord) £25
Unit + RGB SCART £35
Unit + RGB SCART + Controller £45

r-type View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote r-type Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2020 at 9:33pm
I learn so much from this site. Didn't know about the GDemu stuff. I'll have to dig mine out and look into this. 

I've got one of the VGA cables for mine somewhere.
Stevros View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2020 at 11:38pm
Jesus wept that’s cheap.
WANTED Space invaders PCB Please inbox me!
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon Belmont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 9:10am
Pm sent mate
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShinraArcade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by Stevros Stevros wrote:

Jesus wept that’s cheap.

Is it? ahhh bugger.
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShinraArcade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 9:43pm

Pm sent mate

Have you done much research into the GDEMU? Do you know if there's much difference between an official and cheaper version?

Are you sticking in a cab or using as a console?

Just noticed on ebay there selling 2x third party controllers for £10 if your interested.

User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon Belmont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by ShinraArcade ShinraArcade wrote:

Pm sent mate

Have you done much research into the GDEMU? Do you know if there's much difference between an official and cheaper version?

Just noticed on ebay there selling 2x third party controllers for £10 if your interested.

Yes, The official gdemu is stupid expensive and the Chinese model does work for much cheaper then the real thing. 

No just as a console mate.

Thanks for the heads up on the ebay link.

Cheers buddySmile

Originally posted by Stevros Stevros wrote:

Jesus wept that’s cheap.

Is it? ahhh bugger.

While this is a good deal, I have seen many around near this price.  I would rather sell to someone here cheaper then ebay any day.

Edited by Simon Belmont - 18 Jan 2020 at 8:52pm
mozie View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mozie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 8:53pm

Pm sent mate

Those controllers are pretty sh*t but very useful for padhacks if you so inclined .. official controllers are still found cheap enough even boxed ones, shame retrobit or 8bitdo haven’t come out with a wireless controller yet, there is the Dreamconn but the price is a bit much
stormtrooperpaul View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stormtrooperpaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 9:03pm
Grab a gdemu clone , there's no difference other than not being able to update the firmware of the clone . Currently firmware of the latest clone pcb 5.15b has no issues as far as I can see with any games . Aliexpress will get you one cheaper than they are offered on eBay
mozie View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mozie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 9:35pm
And make sure you don’t buy the ‘Really’ cheap ones on eBay as in <$10 because you’ll end up with a cardboard box or a wooden fish

Edited by mozie - 18 Jan 2020 at 10:38pm
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShinraArcade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 10:41pm
[/QUOTE]

While this is a good deal, I have seen many around near this price.  I would rather sell to someone here cheaper then ebay any day.

[/QUOTE] 

Just 2-3 years ago I was looking for my brother as I didn't want to lend him one of mine. I'm sure a full setup was around £15-£20 on eBay. I remember them being dirt cheap as I called him a tight fisted W*&^%$£ for not buying one. I did a quick check before pricing and saw some BIN for a lot more than this but just assumed they were chancers. Either that or eBays dodgy suggested BIN prices have gradually pushed them up. Agreed would rather sell on here cheaper.

First time I've sold on here but I'll make sure I try and pedal more of my tat on here before it goes to eBay in future, don't want to line their pockets any more than I have to.
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShinraArcade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by mozie mozie wrote:

And make sure you don’t buy the ‘Really’ cheap ones on eBay as in <$10 because you’ll end up with a cardboard box or a wooden fish

LOL
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShinraArcade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by stormtrooperpaul stormtrooperpaul wrote:

Grab a gdemu clone , there's no difference other than not being able to update the firmware of the clone . Currently firmware of the latest clone pcb 5.15b has no issues as far as I can see with any games . Aliexpress will get you one cheaper than they are offered on eBay

Never used AliExpress before, thought it was wholesaler or something. Are they generally cheaper than eBay? Is it a single shop or multiple sellers?

Saw one on eBay for £33 this morning but thanks for the heads up I'll keep an eye out for the 5.15b version.
Venom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Venom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 10:35am
Right the chinese clone is fine, as getting an original is pain in the ass. Yes you cant do firmware updates, but it all works fine as it is anyway !

I bought mine of a british seller on ebay. I  Think I posted it somewhere on here.
Once you have the hardware let me know.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic