ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > Modern Gaming
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Anyone know of a xbox series x Ebay buyer ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote northwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone know of a xbox series x Ebay buyer ?
    Posted: 11 Nov 2020 at 9:00pm
Ok, been watching the sale of xbox series x sales "in hand" , and from today many selling well over £1200. Watching 1 at over 4k and one over 2k all auctions ending soon. Wondering if its folk fuc$ing things up for scalpers to piss them off. Do you know of anyone achieving those prices. Has the modern console market gone that fkn nuts ?
I know it's free open markets , but bot purchases on pre sales is bound to piss folk off. For the record, I ain't selling or buying .

Edit : just checked , one at over 28k

Edited by northwest - 11 Nov 2020 at 9:02pm
robotech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2020 at 2:22am
This happens pretty much every time a new console is released as well as a glut of people trying to sell pre orders for 2k
More money than sense if you pay out that
Sort of money to have a console a little earlyer that will only have a handfull of real AAA games to play on release
Daytonaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa lets go away
Retroman839 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Retroman839 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2020 at 7:30am
Gave up on buying new console at point of launch with Xbox 360 never again

I remember playing pen pen on Dreamcast!
Blue dragon on 360

Toshinden ps1

Etc...     just ain’t worth it     For less than average launch Games
moomootown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moomootown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2020 at 8:52am
It’s even less worth it with series X as every launch game on it works on a normal Xbox one.
Wanted: Virtua Cop 1 cab / Point Blank 3 PCB
digweed View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2020 at 9:11am
Scalpers hey? I gave up on getting new consoles on day one as usually they will update the model to a slim or 'pro' version not late after release so would then buy the 'upgraded' console. This year going to wait until more games established for the new console - beside the fact that I still have hundreds of games to play on older consoles. 
Wanted: Space
_Matt_ View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Matt_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2020 at 9:13am
it may be a stupid question but what is the reason for them never making enough consoles for launch? It happens every time and they have years to plan?
digweed View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2020 at 9:13am
Someone even trying to sell hand drawn pic of it link
Wanted: Space
chubsta View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chubsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2020 at 10:12am
created a fake demand and publicity, people tend to rant what they are told they should want, so if something is in high demand people want to be part of the crowd and have it
SIE View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2020 at 10:52am
They are selling consistently for around £720.  £800 at a push.  
_Matt_ View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Matt_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2020 at 11:01am
Yeah I just watched a few. Highest £830 lowest £700. I'm not counting the £2000 one as that was obviously bullsh*t.

I imagine a lot of people are just jumping on to the next one once it goes over 750 so they could rise in price as people start panicking about missing out. Glad I don't buy stuff like this anymore.
ZedEx48K View Drop Down
User
User

8-Bit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZedEx48K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2020 at 11:05am
I've seen some for £650 on Facebook marketplace.
SIE View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2020 at 11:43am
I can get them for £650 if anyone really wants one.  Still expensive but cheaper than ebay.  I would wait though to be honest.
northwest View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote northwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2020 at 9:39pm
ZedEx48K View Drop Down
User
User

8-Bit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZedEx48K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2020 at 9:52am
Originally posted by northwest northwest wrote:

This will probably be bots f**king over scalpers like they did with the RTX 30 series.
Venom View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Venom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 8:15pm
Bizarre, Oddly I ended up with two Xbox one Project Scorpios after I ordered following the live stream. I thought one order had timed out so ordered another !

Even with that being a rare model and being November  I just had hassle selling it on ebay. Think was because was fairly high price at launch. In end just posted it back to Amazon who gave a full refund.
Was a relief TBH.

I look now and again at Scorpio prices as fancy a new next gen, but same time my Scorpio was a pain in ass to get and I have all the other models so will probably stay with me.

Though happy to take £32, 000 for it.

The worse thing buying at launch is the packs.

I got f**k all games with the scorpio.
In hindsight could of bought a non scorpio with forza and 4 other games for same money. So should of cancelled the order.

I just wish as one I kept was direct from Microsoft they may think thanks for supporting us and do a decent trade in, not seen anything on that front.

Just wish I played on them.

My xbox 360 slim in loft I'd be surprised if it was booted up more than once every couple of weeks, if that !

My Scorpio gets used by kids for about 2 hours a week for Lego star wars and avengers lego !

As we dont have a 4k tv yet the next gen can wait ! 

I have a massive issue with TV size and was waiting two years for a decent panasonic 43 " to come out. But reviews of it were terrible !! I think I could squeeze the new 48" OLED in but its so Expensive !

Plus side is my consoles on may what was state of the ART SONY KDL 37" look ok and so does normal TV. If Jessica Fletcher looks sh*t on a new 4K TV I can hear the hassle already :)

Edited by Venom - 15 Nov 2020 at 8:18pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic