ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > Modern Gaming
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Anyone managed to pre order a PS5?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone managed to pre order a PS5?
    Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 5:13pm
Managed to get one earlier from Amazon but still on the fence in terms of Xbox series X Vs PS5.

Anyone else got one?
Brettster View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brettster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 5:48pm
yup managed to get a PS5 from Amazon, however Hope its not a scam like the Nvida RTX 3080 founders editions lol

I'll get a series X too but im not as hyped up about the Xbox, the one was not used anywhere near as the PS4 for me
Looking for More Space!!
K1ngarth3r View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K1ngarth3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 6:21pm
I wasn't going to pre-order one and just buy one next year at some point. 

Ended up pre-ordering one this morning!

Vinegar Joe View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinegar Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 7:17pm
I've got a disc version pre-ordered but £70 RRP for games is making me reconsider.
itruk View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote itruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by Vinegar Joe Vinegar Joe wrote:

I've got a disc version pre-ordered but £70 RRP for games is making me reconsider.

RRP really doesn't mean so much, at least with physical discs there is a second hand market and plenty of shops doing offers.

With digital, you're stuck with buying games at new prices.
tronads View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tronads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 8:33pm
I looked, got a discless version in my basket on amazon, then went off to google to make sure only the drive was missing,  went back and it had gone from my basket and had sold out.
I am now going to wait until the new year, as its been months since I have played on my main PS4, and the second one I bought has NEVER been used....so given not one of the forthcoming PS5 titles interests me, I would most likely connect it all up and then it would sit there gathering dust.
So its just going to be an XBOX Series X for me, and an RTX3080

phillv85 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phillv85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 9:17pm
I’m waiting for some games I’m interested in. The launch line ups of neither have really done it for me this time around.
Vinegar Joe View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinegar Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by itruk itruk wrote:

Originally posted by Vinegar Joe Vinegar Joe wrote:

RRP really doesn't mean so much, at least with physical discs there is a second hand market and plenty of shops doing offers.

With digital, you're stuck with buying games at new prices.

The problem is that the £10 increase will cascade down through every level of retail. So games on sale will be £10 more expensive, and second hand games will likely be £10 more expensive too.

We're at the point now where £50 seems like a 'bargain' and that's a bitter pill to swallow.
Brettster View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brettster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 11:41pm
Remember when Turok the Dinosuar hunter on Nintendo 64 games was £70?

Looking for More Space!!
Alpha1 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Do the Shake and 'VAC

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alpha1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 11:45pm
Series X for me.
Wanted: Time Traveller, GALAXIAN 3 THEATER, 80's Namco & Taito games

qjuk View Drop Down

4 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

4 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qjuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2020 at 12:00am
Originally posted by Brettster Brettster wrote:

Remember it well. Game prices for the N64 were extortionate at the time. 
Wanted: Tournament Arkanoid original PCB.
Bensonrad View Drop Down
STILL looking for an Outrun & Paperboy!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bensonrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2020 at 12:16am
Originally posted by qjuk qjuk wrote:

Remember it well. Game prices for the N64 were extortionate at the time. 
Even some Snes games back in the day were £59.99.
Wanted: ASTEROIDS CABARET or ASTEROIDS DELUXE CABARET, also looking for a Super Pacman Bezel, a Euro Millipede inner Bezel.
robotech View Drop Down

3 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

3 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2020 at 1:32am
I remember paying £60 for mk2 on the snes from hmv
Day of release expensive back then
But at least cartridges were full of chips and hardware
And you got a instruction manual

Paying £70 for a disk is a rip off

I wouldent buy the digital only console i think it is false economy and will work out more expensive longterm
sonys digital store charge top prices for digital
Games for as long as they can
They only discount the old stuff or games that arnt selling
With the limited amount of games released in a modern consoles first year i think digital game prices will stay high

The other things that would bother me is how much the consoles cost and the diminishing ammount of exclusive games on ps5 and xbox
And the shorter life cycle that these consoles now have
Before a pro version is released
They have also just said it wont play ps1 ps2 or ps3
Games this is probably so they can push the ps now service

My ps3 still gets loads more play than my ps4 ever did not much of a library of games for the ps4 at all
I wont be buying anymore consoles you can build a decent pc for the same price

Edited by robotech - 18 Sep 2020 at 7:20am
Daytonaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa lets go away
SIE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2020 at 7:44am

I paid £100 for Street Fighter 2 on the SNES.  Those carts were expensive.  I think the cost of games is still cheap compared to buying a movie.  The number of hours you get out of some titles is fantastic.  Single player games that last 10 hours are a bit of a rip off but if you get them at release, finish it then sell it you get most of your money back.  Having said that I went digital with the Xbox just so I could gameshare with my lad and not worry about disks hanging around getting scratched.  I don't think games made now will be collectible in the future as everything is a licence now and new consoles have backwards compatability.

I'm gonna pick up a series X pre order next week and wait for some reviews to see what I am keeping.
trev1976 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trev1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2020 at 7:56am
I'm done with consoles and collecting pyshical media , my house is like a games shop with all the systems and games ive acquired over the years and I'm a bit sick of it tbh , having to buy new peripherals all the time is another big turn off. id rather put my money into my PC now as there is not much it can't do game related.
SIE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2020 at 8:04am
Originally posted by trev1976 trev1976 wrote:

I'm done with consoles and collecting pyshical media , my house is like a games shop with all the systems and games ive acquired over the years and I'm a bit sick of it tbh , having to buy new peripherals all the time is another big turn off. id rather put my money into my PC now as there is not much it can't do game related.

I think I have gone the other way.  I have a gaming laptop for some PC stuff and VR but prefer to sit on the sofa playing these days.  I get sick of buying the new GPU's at crazy prices for them to only last 18 months.  I like the idea of having a spare hour and getting straight into it.  Or chucking the cab on for a quick blast of SF2 or Shinobi.  These new consoles do look like good value next to a new PC gpu.  I cant believe what they still get out of a 7 year old Xbox One.  
trev1976 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trev1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2020 at 8:15am
I like the PC as I can use what ever pads I want and I have my main PC in a nice big media case so it sits under the TV and looks pretty , also ive been using a GTX 980ti for a while now and it still plays anything I throw at it in 1080p , granted if your bothered about 4k (I'm not) it will get expensive but a decent GPU can last you years coupled with a half decent cpu.

I absolutely love emulation too and again can play alot of titles all the way upto wii u.

Grab a second PC with 15khz drivers and you have a great retro system too.

I will say though if you don't like tinkering then this will all be a major pain in the ass for you but I really enjoy getting it all working.
ZedEx48K View Drop Down
User
User

8-Bit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZedEx48K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2020 at 8:53am
Originally posted by tronads tronads wrote:

Why, with a PC you have all the Xbox has to offer.
giantkeeling View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote giantkeeling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2020 at 8:59am
Pre-orders are now open on the Argos website.
trev1976 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trev1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2020 at 9:01am
Originally posted by ZedEx48K ZedEx48K wrote:

Originally posted by tronads tronads wrote:

Why, with a PC you have all the Xbox has to offer.

yeah would be better off with an RTX3080 and a Switch
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic