ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Tech, Maintenance & Repairs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Arduino In-Circuit Tester: Build Project

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 141516
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
RaveN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RaveN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2018 at 11:16pm
Agreed, his addressing doesn't make sense.
Bear in mind (I'm sure you have) your results have to take into account the slapstik.

The onboard testing is amazing, the Arduino isn't fast enough to do anything effective with the T11.
Welcome to bonus stage.
Purity View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
The Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2018 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by RaveN RaveN wrote:

Agreed, his addressing doesn't make sense.
Bear in mind (I'm sure you have) your results have to take into account the slapstik.

The onboard testing is amazing, the Arduino isn't fast enough to do anything effective with the T11.

Thanks for confirming my thoughts.  The Arduino does seem to be a bit limited with the T11.

The onboard tests are ok, but it would be great if it could test the palette ram out specifically, which is soldered in
Mc-Q View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mc-Q Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2019 at 7:23pm

been lurking here for ages,

would it be an interesting idea to port this to the ST  nucleo boards?

they have arduino headers and partial arduino ide support,

but they can run upto 400MHz and have no shortage of ram or flash.

the only difference is the headers, where the MEGA has the double row of pins at the end, the nucleo uses the sides of the board for extra i/o

so a different interface pcb would be needed.

that and it's 3.3v, but 5v tolerant, so it's fine pulling stuff low, but *may* need some pullup resistors.

although it shouldnt because ttl is supposed to consider anything over about 2v as "high"

Arcadenut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arcadenut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2019 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by Nes4life Nes4life wrote:

If someone was really thinking hard they could probably create a script to export a basic implementation for all games (with a supported CPU) from MAME. All the core info is there; just needs to be bridged over. Maybe I'll look at that for kicks. Why keep transposing by hand when we can script it once?! PS: python (so we can use any platform then).

If you go here:
http://www.arcaderestoration.com/BrowseGames.aspx

I have all the games from MAME there including Memory Maps, ROM Identification, etc...
Can't guarantee it's 100% accurate, as it was parsed from MAME source, but it should be in 99% of the cases. 

It could easily be exported into what ever format you need.

mdeslaur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdeslaur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by Purity Purity wrote:

Anyone?  Is Paul still around?  I noticed his website is no longer available

It looks like this is his website now:

http://www.zzzaccaria.com/arcade/ArduinoMegaICT.htm
FarmerCal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FarmerCal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 9:46pm
Was looking for Paul's site myself thanks. I've gotten a run of boards made. I had 10 of each made. Smallest order they would run, so I've got 8 spares of each if anyone wants some, just message me. I'm in the states, so whatever shipping is plus a couple bucks to help cover the costs would be fine. You guys seem to have done a lot of work providing all this, just want to say thanks.
Nes4life View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nes4life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 9:21am
This is still one of the main tools on my bench! It's been essential for fixing Asteroids.

Whenever I start repairing a new game I always port it to this project and make it available on my GitHub.

Edited by Nes4life - 16 Mar 2019 at 9:23am
NES4Life
-------------
Owner of ... too many cabs!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 141516
  Share Topic