Asteroids

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Whipcracker

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asteroids
    Posted: 19 Dec 2011 at 10:35pm

All done on a real Asteroids machine :)

Edited by Muerto - 20 Dec 2011 at 11:09am
Nes4life View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nes4life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2015 at 10:30pm
36670 tonight on my upright.

Edited by Nes4life - 23 Nov 2015 at 2:29pm
NES4Life
-------------
Owner of ... too many cabs!
cNp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cNp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2015 at 1:44pm
Can't wait to get my cocktail working and in on some of this action :)

Think my best was about 60K before it gave up the ghost!

cNp
DanP View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Whipcracker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2015 at 2:23pm
I've never got near that score since!   Must be someone on here who can beat it?
Bensonrad View Drop Down
STILL looking for an Outrun & Paperboy!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bensonrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2015 at 2:58pm
I played this for the first time on a cab yesterday.....my score was just over 4000 maybe I should be asking can anyone do worse, haha.
Wanted: Super Pacman Bezel, Millipede Euro inner Bezel. Asteroids Cabaret Cab, Exterminator & Arkanoid set ups. Always after Millipede/Paperboy/Super Pacman/Outrun/Taito S.I PCBs
CharlieFar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlieFar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2015 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by DanP DanP wrote:

I've never got near that score since!   Must be someone on here who can beat it?
I managed 211K at Arcade Club tonight. Trouble is the score wraps at 100K so my score on the table was only 11000. Looking forward to the high score kit being installed, which adds an extra digit, I think...

TonyElyod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyElyod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2015 at 1:03am
I can verify CharlieFars' score as genuine too.....Big smile   (The Twunt)...Wink

GAME ON.........................................Thumbs Up
WHO DARES GINS !!
cNp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cNp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2015 at 8:13am
Originally posted by CharlieFar CharlieFar wrote:

Originally posted by DanP DanP wrote:

I managed 211K at Arcade Club tonight. Trouble is the score wraps at 100K so my score on the table was only 11000. Looking forward to the high score kit being installed, which adds an extra digit, I think...

ClapClapClapClapClap
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Please Register!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2015 at 10:05am

Not that CharlieFar again!! Clap

Such a cool game.

It would cool to have UKVAC Twitch nights where we could all pile into somebody's stream to chill and chat and watch some games being played and have a laugh.
Muerto View Drop Down
Hi Score Admin
Hi Score Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muerto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 8:04am
Guys, please attach a pic of your scores :)
Inside every tool is a hammer!
Nes4life View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Nes4life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by Muerto Muerto wrote:

Guys, please attach a pic of your scores :)
Apologies! Now attached to original post.
NES4Life
-------------
Owner of ... too many cabs!
Fuzzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fuzzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by PAC-MAN PAC-MAN wrote:

It would cool to have UKVAC Twitch nights where we could all pile into somebody's stream to chill and chat and watch some games being played and have a laugh.

^This! Thumbs Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlieFar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2015 at 10:07am
I was on a roll last night and scored 415500. Big smile (MAME)

There's really not much point in posting a screenshot as unfortunately, Asteroids only displays 99990 before wrapping. That must be one of the lowest score wraps, surely? What I'll try to do is play another game and record an .inp file.

Beautiful game on a real cabCool
Muerto View Drop Down
Hi Score Admin
Hi Score Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muerto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2015 at 10:26am

There's really not much point in posting a screenshot as unfortunately, Asteroids only displays 99990 before wrapping. That must be one of the lowest score wraps, surely? What I'll try to do is play another game and record an .inp file.

Of course a pic will be good, but more impotently, we trust each other here, we have a "Gentleman agreement", surely no one here want´s to be a Steve Saunders and 2nd, this is only for fun, I wont guarantee that anyone makes it to the Guinness World Of Records 2016     
DanP View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Whipcracker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2015 at 12:17pm
The Braze HSS kit alters the scoring code so that it displays up to 9,999,990.   Not sure if that code is emulated in MAME or not, might be worth a look.   I have it on my Asteroids board but as you can see I'm not even close to troubling the 100k mark!

Dan 
TonyElyod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyElyod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2015 at 1:13pm

ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap...PS...Angry..Wink
WHO DARES GINS !!
Smraedis View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smraedis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2015 at 1:55pm

I think the original Space Invaders wrapping around after 9,990 is very bad and thankfully was changed. Things like this really turn me away from such games too.
cNp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cNp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2015 at 2:24pm

Amazing score!

Are you on real hardware?  

[SOLD] I have just bought an ethernet high score kit so my Braze Asteroids high score kit (that adds a digit to the high score) is surplus... if you're interested at £10 + p&p let me know. [SOLD]

cNp

Edited by cNp - 08 Dec 2015 at 9:27pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlieFar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2015 at 3:10pm
Sady, no. The 415K was played in MAME. The 211K was at Arcade Club last Saturday.
I would love to own an Asteroids someday.  Thanks for the offer of the kit, though. Smile

Muerto View Drop Down
Hi Score Admin
Hi Score Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muerto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2015 at 3:15pm

Sady, no. The 415K was played in MAME. The 211K was at Arcade Club last Saturday.
I would love to own an Asteroids someday.  Thanks for the offer of the kit, though. Smile

I used your highest score, hope it´s ok
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic