ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > High Scores
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Asteroids

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlieFar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by tronads tronads wrote:

David, will you please join some kind of social media !

It turns out ironically that I've been on Twitter since May 2013Embarrassed
Seeing as you asked nicely, I may even use it.

CharlieFar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlieFar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2016 at 5:33pm
I need another challenge...

I'm considering an attempt at the Asteroids (rev 2) MAME record in the near future. I'll probably stream the attempts on Twitch when I've figured out the best way to capture MAME. Not sure of the best way to go about this - any advice would be most welcome!
I'm assuming that I can use any version of WolfMAME now? I know that TG entries were restricted to .106 in the past.

Current Twin Galaxies record is 3,511,160 by Dick Moreland. I'll be aiming for 5M+ hopefully. I'm no John Macallister at this game - sometimes my game just falls apart, other times it's quite solid, so who knows...should be doable.

david_orton_2000 View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
Green Mario

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote david_orton_2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 5:26pm
Asteroids Deluxe?
:-)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlieFar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2016 at 3:09pm
I've not played much of Asteroids Deluxe, so I'm nowhere near as good at it. I've scored in the region of 100K a couple of times.
I like some aspects of the game. The ships that break up from formation are really enjoyable to take on, and the shield is an interesting alternative to hyperspace. My problem with AD is the change in the feel of the ship. The way you can manoeuvre in Asteroids is amazing. After a bit of practice you can use momentum to pull off some really satisfying moves. The ship in AD is way too twitchy in comparison.

TLDR: I'm crap at Asteroids Deluxe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlieFar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2017 at 11:02am
During the 8-bit Flip event at Arcade Club yesterday - 1,201,600

cNp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cNp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2017 at 11:37am
Insane!  Well done!

Clap
Wanted: SEGA Power Drift PCB, Arkanoid Upright
jiytee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jiytee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 9:26pm
...now there's a challenge!

"I'll be back" Big smile
Nes4life View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nes4life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 10:04pm
53150 tonight Come on @CNP !!

NES4Life
-------------
Owner of ... too many cabs!
cNp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cNp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 3:43pm
Nice one Phil, hopefully get my Asteroids back up and running and get some practice in!!
Wanted: SEGA Power Drift PCB, Arkanoid Upright
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic