ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Trading Post > Wanted
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Astro / Blast City Cabinet

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strontium dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Astro / Blast City Cabinet
    Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 7:21am
Hello all members of the amazing ukvac scence, if any members are the proud owners of an Sega Astro City or Blast City cabinet that is maybe not getting as much action as it deserves I'd be very interested in negotiating a price for it's sale and it's move to a new loving house in Manchester Big smile

Further afield just as welcome as we can always arrange transport through Martin on here.

Thanks in advance and hopefully look forward to getting some pms in the coming days Thumbs Up
gozaimas View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gozaimas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 8:53am
Not mine, but there is one of each on eBay UK at the moment: 

The description is vague re: screen condition (the only important bit - everything else can be replaced), but these are good prices imo. I'd be surprised if you could buy an Astro for less than a grand in the UK anywhere else.

Edited by gozaimas - 25 Nov 2021 at 8:56am
strontium dog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strontium dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 10:55am
Appreciate the heads up, I just wouldn't have the time to restore these, I've done a few projects in the past but young family = no time LOL

On with the hunt!!!! Smile
J69 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 1:57pm
They are overpriced given they are battered and the screens are broken
gozaimas View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gozaimas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 3:58pm
Yeah, maybe. Prices on candy cabs have really shot up this past 12 months. NACs sell for $1,500 in the US all week long. But I agree that anything with a knackered screen is a pointless purchase!
eccentric-nut View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eccentric-nut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 4:17pm
I am pretty sure if either of the cabs listed on ebay were a straight forward fix they would have done it themselves, considering they seem to be in the business of refurbishing and selling arcade machines / fruit machines.

If your looking for a cab to restore, I suspect both will need the monitors replaced, if you look at the pictures you can also see the astro has pretty heavy screen burn.

If the blast city is the same one I messaged the seller about a few months ago I believe it has a Sanwa chassis in it.

Edited by eccentric-nut - 25 Nov 2021 at 4:18pm
richmal View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richmal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by gozaimas gozaimas wrote:

Yeah, maybe. Prices on candy cabs have really shot up this past 12 months. NACs sell for $1,500 in the US all week long. But I agree that anything with a knackered screen is a pointless purchase!

Ronnie/rklock had a Astro City up on Facebook for 1350 euro,a few days ago,It sold in an hour…

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strontium dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 7:20pm
Yep I noticed the screen burn, and completely agree there in a bad way. In particular the Astro.

Hopefully one will come up and I'll be able to snag it, but I have a feeling it's going to be hard.

I wonder if it's possible to get a container from some where and organise a job lot at a good price from Japan or something. 

I notice that Ken does shipping etc.. I wonder if any one has contacts in Japan and then it would just be a case of getting enough interest to fill the container up. Probably pie in the sky that thought but it could work with enough interest.

Fingers crossed :D

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strontium dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 7:21pm
I've seen similar things done in the past, I remember years ago when I was more following the scene a chap going by the name of killercabs organizing something similar.
richmal View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richmal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 8:15pm
Killercabs must be around 10 years ago...
A lot of arcades have closed in Japan in the last 5 years and all the cabs have been sold all over the world.There is around a 10th of arcades still running in Japan that there once was.
Demand for candy cabs/Astro/Blast City etc has increased enormously.This is pushing prices up.You won’t be able to get a container full of cheap cabs as there simply isn’t container loads available anymore.Even if you could get a container load then the cost of a container has increased almost 10x now to ship from Japan to the U.K.

Sellers of cabs and pcbs,in Japan, know what they are worth now to the western market and have started increasing their prices.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strontium dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 8:36pm
Thinking about it your right it was about 10 years ago lol...

Yeah and totally agree with your analysis of the market etc.. And shipping and logistics in general is more fubar than every post pandemic.

Back to crossing everything and hoping someone has one collecting dust that needs a good home Smile
councilface View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote councilface Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 8:52pm
There's a blast city on Otaku

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strontium dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 9:12pm
Really, let me take a look Thumbs Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strontium dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 9:23pm
Cant see any blast city for sale, have you got a link?
gozaimas View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gozaimas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by strontium dog strontium dog wrote:

I wonder if it's possible to get a container from some where and organise a job lot at a good price from Japan or something. 

John who runs Japanarama has been doing semi-regular containers with some real nice stuff. This is his sales thread on AO: https://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=43501

Worth dropping him a line, although I know that the Brexit/ pandemic double-whammy made the last container a bit of a nightmare.
eccentric-nut View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eccentric-nut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 12:02am
Originally posted by councilface councilface wrote:

There's a blast city on Otaku

That one sold a while ago, it was also listed on here.
richmal View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richmal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 8:31am
Originally posted by gozaimas gozaimas wrote:

Originally posted by strontium dog strontium dog wrote:

John who runs Japanarama has been doing semi-regular containers with some real nice stuff. This is his sales thread on AO: https://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=43501

Worth dropping him a line, although I know that the Brexit/ pandemic double-whammy made the last container a bit of a nightmare.

I could be wrong,but I think John said the last container that came in for him,was the last container load he was going to do.
I’m pretty sure all the candy,he had left he,has sold now.

But its always worth a try
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic