FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Atari System 1 controls help Indy/Road Runner

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Repro Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Atari System 1 controls help Indy/Road Runner
    Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 11:52am
Finally got the system 1 cab up and running last week, and have been able to play a bit of Roadblasters. Indy and Road Runner are a different story. I think the looms have been messed about with on them, or I have bits missing.

Can anyone with a cab or panel share some pics or have wiring diagrams of what should be where?

Indy panel, with what looks like the wrong wiring and wrong connector on the end.

Road Runner panel. Has the 2 normal connections to the mobo, but nothing else goes anywhere. Have the 6 pin molex type connector then there's also a bunch of loose wires and another 4 pin red connector that go nowhere. I'm guessing the Hall Effect should have some power to it.

Repro Arcade Artwork supplier, pm me or visit arcadeartshop.com
Purity View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
The Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Purity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 12:14pm
http://arcarc.xmission.com/PDF_Arcade_Atari_Kee/Road_Runner/Road%20Runner_SP-285_1st_Printing.pdf

http://arcarc.xmission.com/PDF_Arcade_Atari_Kee/Indiania_Jones_and_the_Temple_of_Doom/Indiana_Jones_and_the_Temple_of_Doom_SP-282_1st_Printing.pdf

General System 1 - http://arcarc.xmission.com/PDF_Arcade_Atari_Kee/System_1/

Edited by Purity - 07 Dec 2018 at 12:57pm
tb2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tb2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 12:49pm
I'll bring those system 1 manuals round next time I see you. I definitely have system 1, marble madness and roadblasters manuals.
Digimon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Digimon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 1:31pm
Hi,

your Roadrunner panels seems to use the Marble Madness Harness.

There ist just one connector for the Hall Effect Joystick, and two are gooing to the Main PCB:

I have just one picture on hand with a non attached Hall Effect plug. (the left one). The right two plug in the main PCB.

Edited by Digimon - 07 Dec 2018 at 2:05pm
Digimon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Digimon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 2:11pm
Your Indy Panel needs two new connectors to the main PCB.

And you have to use a logo Stick for Indy with leaf buttonsWink
muddymusic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Repro Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 3:42pm
Thanks guys all clearer now.
GadgetFreak View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GadgetFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 12:31pm
Is your main board a TTL one?
If it is you may need to piggyback an extra resistor on the ADC circuit or you will not get the full range on the hall effect Road Runner joystick.
It is detailed in the manual at the end of chapter 2 on page 2-8.
It involves strapping a 2.2K to the 3.3K at R52.
If you go to the RR joystick test screen you should be able to move the cursor to the mid point of the green area in all four directions. The hex range is roughly $28-$D8.
muddymusic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Repro Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 4:35pm
Very useful info thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic