ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > General Arcade Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Atari Tournament Table

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ocb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 3:21pm
One week later, the Tournament Table is still rock solid at it's "other" home.
As I predicted - his kids love it :)

Here in Belgium, as in France, "baby foot" (as in table football/kicker) was and remains a massive attraction (soccer being one of the game options on the Tournament Table). Plenty of folks are now having extensions built to their houses - think conservatory - to have a "kicker" table installed. No joke - 30 to 50k extensions for a game!!! Crazy....Shocked LOL

Original tables that were in bars are a huge hit. I even have a beer bottle opener which comes from a 70s table.

Anyway, seems that the Atari football version that's on the Tournament Table is "surprisingly good" according to the locals. The analog control helps a lot I think - and the ability to "grab" the ball, something I'd never seen until I came here, is inherent in the game. Having the 4 controls - 2 players per side - on a cocktail format is also something the locals also appreciate. 

I don't give a stuff about the "value" of this find, but I am over the moon it's finding a new lease of life!

Funny part is, the football thing was something I had a sneaking suspicion they'd like here- and made the effort of doing a "ok, watch this" when I gave my Belgian mate the game to fix :)

Coin-op addict 1976-1983, 88-92, 2014-Present. Regional Atari (Pac-Man) Champion 1982. Utter failure at consoles.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic