ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Forum Info > Suggestions / Bugs / Problems / Help!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Be carfull about this member

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nonosto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Be carfull about this member
    Posted: 26 Apr 2022 at 10:04am
Hello

I post a WTB and one member without any track contact me for sale, it's Smartcollector. He give me an email about one friend Tony winter (tonywinter956@gmail.com) for buy it, after some of question I understood it's a stoler, so stop the transaction. He asked me to send a paypal at this email: josephmuumo@yahoo.com.

So be carfeull.

THX
big10p View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2022 at 10:43am
I suggest you contact one of the mods and explain what happened. I imagine any member found to be up to no good, will get banned. I would hope so, anyway. I would only ever deal with known, long time members with good feedback, or newer members that can provide feedback from elsewhere.

Edited by big10p - 26 Apr 2022 at 10:45am
Devil_Mish View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Devil_Mish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2022 at 11:32am
I believe I had the same type of PM to one of my WTB groups too, the same names sound familiar but the PM has since been deleted.
John Bennett View Drop Down

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote John Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2022 at 11:35am
Their account now looks to be suspended, so a quick response.
http://www.philwip.com -sibling 'fix-off' (I’m losing by miles).
TheDaddy View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TheDaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2022 at 11:43am
Its a shame, Don't get too many so we are fairly lucky I suppose.

Dave.
AKA Wonderboy. If there is such a thing as reincarnation , knowing my luck , I will come back as me !!
K1ngarth3r View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K1ngarth3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2022 at 11:57am
I too had the PM from them about a 21" TV. I messaged the person in the e-mail and they replied. I didn't get the feeling anything was wrong though. They didn't have the tube I was looking for so didn't go ahead.
risings0n View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote risings0n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2022 at 12:50pm
This Tony Winter must have some collection, same PM about my wants. chancing git 
garrz32 on AO & Shmups
AnOldCabinet View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnOldCabinet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2022 at 1:17pm
I had a message same re Saturn Stick wanted... saw new member... asked if this Tony was on here as a precautionary and didnt hear back so left it at that. Did seem suss.
FrancoB View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrancoB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2022 at 1:37pm
When did you get your messages?

I received two near identical PM's from Smartcollector on the 22nd. 

Looking at the PM and user profile there were too many red flags. 0 post member, location 'Machester', strange formatting in the PM, asking to email someone who's name didn't match their profile name etc.

I PM'd Hurray Banana about it on the 22nd and he removed him on the 23rd.
risings0n View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote risings0n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2022 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by FrancoB FrancoB wrote:

When did you get your messages?

I received two near identical PM's from Smartcollector on the 22nd. 

Looking at the PM and user profile there were too many red flags. 0 post member, location 'Machester', strange formatting in the PM, asking to email someone who's name didn't match their profile name etc.

I PM'd Hurray Banana about it on the 22nd and he removed him on the 23rd.

I received two, one on the 21st and the other on the 22nd.
garrz32 on AO & Shmups
thegreathopper View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thegreathopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2022 at 6:21pm
Also sent me a PM to say he had a Nanao chassis that I put up a wanted add for.

He said his mate had the chassis, I ignored it as he had zero posts.
fraggore View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fraggore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 9:29am
Yep i just got scammed by tonywinter956@gmail.com for a viewlix speaker bit silly really, i too had a private PM saying a friend has one for sale.
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K1ngarth3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 9:39am
These guys probably need reporting to the police.
TheDaddy View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 9:43am
Originally posted by fraggore fraggore wrote:

Yep i just got scammed by tonywinter956@gmail.com for a viewlix speaker bit silly really, i too had a private PM saying a friend has one for sale.

Ah nightmare. I suppose the only way out is to not use friends and family but then it costs more ! Every now and then I purchase from people I dont realy know and are always nervous. 

As far as the calling the police I would like to think they would help , but i doubt it. Maybe they will help as much as when my shed was broken into and I lost £500 worth of tools, they came out 2 weeks after it happened and gave me some great advise "Maybe get a stronger lock ?? " - They are useless unless they catch you speeding or committing some crime that takes no effort to catch. Sorry if you are with the police but I hold NO faith in them !

Dave.

P.S These people want shooting in the head.

Edited by TheDaddy - 04 May 2022 at 9:47am
AKA Wonderboy. If there is such a thing as reincarnation , knowing my luck , I will come back as me !!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 9:45am
It is a bit odd. Unless there's some very clever bots out there, it involves someone manually going through the Wanteds, scamming people for relatively low-value items (which'll will never work for long).
I would wager it's someone many continents away. Their Paypal needs killing, at-least.
fraggore View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fraggore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 9:46am
trying to report it paypal now but there dont seem to be a way to doing might it from the webpage might ring them.

Edited by fraggore - 04 May 2022 at 9:50am
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K1ngarth3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 9:50am
I would still log a crime incident and then share that to PayPal. At the very least it will put some kind of heat on the scammers since you have some of their details that could be traceable.
fraggore View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fraggore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 9:51am
yep uk police wont care.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 9:55am
Fraggore - did 'Smartcollector' PM you on here, or did the scammer contact you another way?
TheDaddy View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 9:55am
Paypal will have no sympathy as there answer will be "Why did you use Friends and family" its a harsh world. I hope you didnt loose to much mate !

Dave.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic