Forum Home Forum Home > Pinball > General Pinball Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Best Value Pinball

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stegrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 9:52pm
Yeah i love my world cup soccer :)

Chunksin View Drop Down

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chunksin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 10:00pm
+1 for The Shadow, awesome pin, also Johnny Mnemonic, just picked one up, loads of modes, very fast and great flow. Both cheaper pins due to poor film tie ins!
Friedgoat View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friedgoat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 1:28am
Well this is a topic that blew up fast!!
Thank you all for the suggestions, I have been enlightened to some great looking feature rich pre dmd machines to look out for!
What year did music become standard for pinball?
Macro View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Macro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 8:34am
If you are not in a hurry to get one, get yourself along to this

normally 100+ pins to play, and usually quite a few on sale as well. 
muddymusic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Repro Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 9:13am
I'd definitely recommend you try before you buy. They are a big outlay, and regardless of opinion you need to know if YOU like it or not first.

All my fave pins I've played at meets first, and there's some highly regarded ones I just didn't click with, and others that are much better than I've been told.

LW3 was my first, and lasted me a long time. Was very family friendly and everyone enjoyed a decent game on it, once you've nailed the shots you can play it for ages.

I've got a Williams Indy Jones, and a Stern Indy Jones and although the Williams is very highly rated among collectors it's too hard for first timers, and they always end up playing the Stern one which is a little slower and more open on the playfield - and that was half the price of the Williams one.

Black Rose is a good pin for reasonable cash. World Cup Soccer is excellent.

Pre-DMD ones have some great games, but the best ones go for similar money to more modern games, F-14 Tomcat is a great pin.
Repro Arcade Artwork supplier, pm me or visit arcadeartshop.com
vib_ribbon View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vib_ribbon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 9:21am
Originally posted by muddymusic muddymusic wrote:

I'd definitely recommend you try before you buy. They are a big outlay, and regardless of opinion you need to know if YOU like it or not first.

All my fave pins I've played at meets first, and there's some highly regarded ones I just didn't click with, and others that are much better than I've been told.

LW3 was my first, and lasted me a long time. Was very family friendly and everyone enjoyed a decent game on it, once you've nailed the shots you can play it for ages.

I've got a Williams Indy Jones, and a Stern Indy Jones and although the Williams is very highly rated among collectors it's too hard for first timers, and they always end up playing the Stern one which is a little slower and more open on the playfield - and that was half the price of the Williams one.

Black Rose is a good pin for reasonable cash. World Cup Soccer is excellent.

Pre-DMD ones have some great games, but the best ones go for similar money to more modern games, F-14 Tomcat is a great pin.

voice of reason.

dont let people tell you which game you should be liking. try before you buy.
maskeddev View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maskeddev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 9:33am
A Data East pin from early 90s like WWF Royal Rumble.

Fish Tales and Getaway seem good value too.
JESSYBR View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JESSYBR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 6:03pm
dracula from williams .star wars data east

but they are expencive
duke748 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duke748 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by stegrey stegrey wrote:

Lethal weapon 3 pinball is a great first pin :)

I'm not really a major pinball player - But if I ever got a table then this would be the one. Used to play this one to death back when it was new.
ianski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ianski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 1:03pm
Roadshow
Revenge from Mars

Both great pins at decent prices... When I have space I'll get me one of them RFM's!
My cabs: Track and Field, Mr.Do, Pacmania, Space Ace, Gorf, Jungle King, Astron Belt, Gyruss, OutRun, Frogger, Defender, Return of the Jedi.
bones View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 1:07pm
I've owned a Gorgar,Firepower and Pinbot in the past(wish I still had them). I think after that era I found Earthshaker to be good fun but of the latter years I really enjoyed Theatre of Magic and that Elvira (monster bash or something).
   Here's one, which pin said 'smash the mirror's ?
urbanledge View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote urbanledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 4:26pm
I've had about 20 pins,only 2 left.Tales form the crypt and whitewater.

Space Station is one I really regret selling.
Road show....the music will drive you insane quicky.

Star trek next gen is really good and "cheap"

At the end of the day all pins (like vids) will grind on you eventually !
My friends LOVED Jurassic park lost world and thats only a meh game but they couldn't keep away from it!
Digimon View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digimon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 5:01pm
F14 from Williams is a lot of Pinball for small money.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic