Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > General Arcade Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Board storage

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard May Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Board storage
    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 4:25pm
Hardly anything that most of you guys won't already have your own solutions for, but... the humble FedEx Large Box (plus antistatic bubble wrap). Ever since Rick Medina of Arcade Odyssey showed me his board stash I've been meaning to go the same route. Absolutely perfect for most stuff. Obviously no good for massive Atari boards, but great for almost everything else.

Titchgamer View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Titchgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 5:01pm
I have my humble collection stored in anti static bags and placed inside a plastic storage box atm.
Chopper79 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 5:17pm
Your boxes..Give them to me!

Clocked the terminator poster.
mysticmonk View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mysticmonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 6:07pm
Local place sells very similar sized boxes to those fed ex ones, very handy. I'd buy one or two everytime I was passing the place but quickly realised they'd take up far too much room if I was to box each one.

Instead a spare room looks like it was hit by a bomb of electronics, so it's a lose lose I suppose.

I do have this neat idea of black boxes covered with the flyers for each game, kinda like gigantic megadrive boxes. But again, would take up too much space so I dunno
Richard May View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard May Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by Chopper79 Chopper79 wrote:

Your clothes, your bootleg Galaga, your motorcycle...
bountybob View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bountybob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by kidyamlo kidyamlo wrote:

Originally posted by Chopper79 Chopper79 wrote:

Your clothes, your bootleg Galaga, your motorcycle...
LOL
JonTron View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonTron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 8:05pm
Anyone got a link to these or similar boxes to actually buy? I have looked for something like this but can never seem to find where to purchase said items. Seems FedEx only give you the box if you are sending something, which is no good if you want to use the actual box.
JT's Arcade
Current Projects:
Namco Pole Position Cockpit
Nichibutsu Moon Alien Upright
Fix-it Felix jr Build
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard May Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by JonTron JonTron wrote:

Anyone got a link to these or similar boxes to actually buy? I have looked for something like this but can never seem to find where to purchase said items. Seems FedEx only give you the box if you are sending something, which is no good if you want to use the actual box.

I created a FedEx account and (I think, because it was ages ago) bought them. They took a few weeks to arrive.
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mysticmonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 8:37pm
The ones I get are "missive by bankers box", size is "72721".

Great size, does for all but the chunkiest of chunkster boards. Can take cps2 a and b with the slightest of bulges, so that's a good benchmark.

Nice and solid, close up securely, cheap, no complaints :)
Bensonrad View Drop Down
STILL looking for an Outrun & Paperboy!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bensonrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 10:38pm
I have most of mine in PC flat screen monitor boxes, every time my work update some ones screen at work, I keep the box and bring it home, just the right size for the long Atari boards too, super solid and perfect for posting too.
Wanted: ASTEROIDS or ASTEROIDS DELUXE CABARET, also looking for a Super Pacman Bezel, a Euro Millipede inner Bezel.
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mysticmonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 7:21pm
Got around to making the pcbs a bit more aesthetically pleasing using the boxes I mentioned above. Result is okay so far, amateur but decent! I abandoned the idea of more elaborate stuff and went the easy route.

And that's my arts and crafts allowance for the week, get a few more done at some other stage :P

Stevros View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 7:34pm

Broken so doesn’t matter.

WANTED Space invaders PCB Please inbox me!
Flinnster View Drop Down

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 7:46pm
I would be up for getting some FedEx boxes. Sadly you seem to need an account to get them.
Wonder what wangling is needed to get an account...

WTD: Outrun DLX cab, Rolling Thunder pcb
Parts WTD: Dino King Door, Coin Box, Coin Chute
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Richard May Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by Flinnster Flinnster wrote:

I would be up for getting some FedEx boxes. Sadly you seem to need an account to get them.
Wonder what wangling is needed to get an account...

Simply signing up for one. Unless my memory is *really* shot.
J69 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 8:13pm
There's a specialty cardboard box shop in Newcastle. I keep meaning to pop in and see how much it would be for some custom size boxes
Mark H View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 9:28pm
I keep mine in anti static bags placed in a plastic box with a lid on it !
"The Future Is Now"
_Matt_ View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Matt_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 9:38pm
With most of mine I've just kept them in the box I originally received them in then I put them in large plastic boxes with lids to keep them safe.

Nice uniformed boxes with game labels on do look great though.
paulie View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 6:51pm
If I don't have the original packaging then I store my boards and carts in way pretty much the same as everyone else really.

Nothing fancy here... 
Cardboard box with a flap lid
A very basic homemade spine sticker, with the board hardware, game logo and company logo
PCB in an anti-static bag then wrapped in anti-static bubble wrap
Stored vertically in a cupboard

The Corstat boxes look like a nice solution but a bit rich for me.

neo-geo-mvs View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neo-geo-mvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by paulie paulie wrote:

If I don't have the original packaging then I store my boards and carts in way pretty much the same as everyone else really.

Nothing fancy here... 
Cardboard box with a flap lid
A very basic homemade spine sticker, with the board hardware, game logo and company logo
PCB in an anti-static bag then wrapped in anti-static bubble wrap
Stored vertically in a cupboard

The Corstat boxes look like a nice solution but a bit rich for me.

Liking the labels.

I store my boxes/pcbs horizontally. Does it make a difference horizontal/vertical?

Thanks
Stevros View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 7:03pm
Vertically as no pressure on the bottom boards.
WANTED Space invaders PCB Please inbox me!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic