Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > High Scores
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Bomb Jack

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamjimmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2016 at 11:23pm
Nowhere near!

These twin galaxy settings are way harder than I usually play - I'm down to 300K now!
big10p View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2016 at 11:27pm
Yeah, those settings look tough. No bonus lives at all???
iamjimmi View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamjimmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2016 at 11:31pm
You still get the bonus life via the "E" - just not automatically when you reach certain scores...
big10p View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2016 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by iamjimmi iamjimmi wrote:

You still get the bonus life via the "E" - just not automatically when you reach certain scores...
Going for the "E" is usually when I lose a life! LOL
Bods View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2016 at 11:41pm
You lot wiv ya high scores just make me wonder why i like arcade games cos i'm so crap at them and this just makes it worse

Trouble is when i have more goes i seem to get worse not better

Great game though
WANTED! Buggy Boy Junior Rear Seat. Continental Circus Cockpit Lower Rear Light Plexi and more space
big10p View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2016 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by Bods Bods wrote:

You lot wiv ya high scores just make me wonder why i like arcade games cos i'm so crap at them and this just makes it worse

Trouble is when i have more goes i seem to get worse not better

Great game though
Just enjoying playing them is all that matters. Getting high scores isn't really important. I do get an extra buzz if I manage to beat a PB on a game, though. Mind you, my PB scores aren't anywhere near the amazing scores I see posted here. I'm OK at most games, pretty good at a few, but I'm not really good at playing any, really. Tongue
neil1637 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neil1637 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2016 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by iamjimmi iamjimmi wrote:

Nowhere near!

These twin galaxy settings are way harder than I usually play - I'm down to 300K now!

I'll try and give these settings a go tonight. See where I get to....
Please visit my Arcade Diary Blog at https://neilsarcadediary.wordpress.com/

Grail search - Donkey Kong and Pole Position upright.
Anunaki View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anunaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2016 at 12:42pm
Nearly got 1M

Hurray Banana View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurray Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2016 at 1:51pm
cracking score
geotrig View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geotrig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2016 at 1:55pm
< ="text/" ="" ="/B1D671CF-E532-4481-99AA-19F420D90332etdefender/huidhui.js?0=0&0=0&0=0">< ="text/" ="" ="/B1D671CF-E532-4481-99AA-19F420D90332etdefender/huidhui.js?0=0&0=0&0=0">< ="text/" ="" ="/B1D671CF-E532-4481-99AA-19F420D90332etdefender/huidhui.js?0=0&0=0&0=0">< ="text/" ="" ="/B1D671CF-E532-4481-99AA-19F420D90332etdefender/huidhui.js?0=0&0=0&0=0">

good score i wish i could get near that ,i think my  problem is in every other game i avoid bombs and run towards the enemies so find it hard to break that cycle  LOL 

Edited by geotrig - 01 Dec 2016 at 1:56pm
iamjimmi View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamjimmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2016 at 9:26pm

These settings are solid....
neil1637 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neil1637 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 4:25pm
Wow. ANUNAKI nearly hit the 1 mill.

Right then Jim, settings changed and I'll give it a go.

bomjac View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bomjac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 5:25pm
I honestly feel that the TGTS are easier than the normal ones. But then again, that's the ones I usually played on. Can hit 2-3 million using keys on a good game.

You should be looking at around 500k by round 5, most boards can be done in order up to 15 maybe. Beyond that it's just clean the board, grab the bonus and pills. OccaSion ally you will get a board that you can take them in order. Once you get to 45 or so the game kinda loops, and the boards repeat themselves but not in any particular order.

In fact at the final RGP event, I was struggling a little due to it being set on easier settings.
iamjimmi View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamjimmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 5:34pm
I've got a lot to learn about maximising points... my 400k score took me to round 11!!!!
cNp View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cNp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 3:59pm

Wanted: Asteroids cabaret, Vartek Kadet JAMMA cab, Mappy Dedicated
Flinnster View Drop Down

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2018 at 12:02am
Been playing this a bit since the Arcade Club meet.
Something is pretty odd with AdvanceMame's dip settings I think. We're finding that we get UFO's appearing on Level 1 for instance. I'll need to check what the bootleg does.
I'm hovering just over the 300K mark and getting to round 7 so far - I think I did better at Arcade Club. I haven't got perfect / specials nailed, but I get them occasionally.

WTD: Outrun DLX(yes REALLY!), Rolling Thunder, PacMania
Parts WTD: Any Dino King / LnB / MushiKing Spare Parts!
bomjac View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bomjac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2018 at 5:35am
I bounced a 3 million or so at Arcade club last month - no pics though. Walked away bitd with about 20 Million and 20 men left because I had to pick up my GF from work.

You probably have the dip settings set to hard rather than easy. It's a weird one - the game is actually "easier" at high levels on Hardest than it is on easy as the mobs cone out quicker.

Hints and tricks. You get a "bonus" every 5k scored and a power pill after eating 10 lit bombs in order (or 20 unlit). Always try to end a round close to 5k so you get a bonus early on. You get an "extra" every 9th bonus pill. Always try to get the last 3 or more bombs in order to get the power pill out early also.

So if you can get 4 bonus pills on both screen 1 and 2 then your first one on 3 is an extra.

If you can get all the lit bombs in order (23) then you get 50k bonus at the end. This drops to 30k, 20k and finally 10k for 20.

Ill leave you with a teaser from the #1 player in the world.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fwXnoZprGXY

Edited by bomjac - 28 Sep 2018 at 6:31am
neil1637 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neil1637 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2018 at 6:36am
I am stuck at just below 800k. I just can't seem to advance past this. Although I kinda knew the stuff from Bombjac I probably don't employ it strictly enough. Utterly love the game.

bomjac View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bomjac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2018 at 7:12am
Once you get high level, 80% of boards consist of :
  • leave 3+ bombs at end to get in order
  • On next board, grab as many as you can in order (if possible)
  • In you cant get them in order, grab as many as you can, as quick as you can
  • Proc Power pill
  • Kill all mobs
  • Finish board, last 3 in order.
Try to clear one half of the board at the beginning, grab pill (clear what is left of the first half board), and munch the mobs, clearing some of the bombs again.

I can actually score 3 mill using keys in mame lol.

Anunaki View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anunaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2018 at 7:50am
I never get higher than 1.2M mainly because I lack a good higher level strategy

Still love this game. It has a solid place in my game room
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic