Forum Home Forum Home > Trading Post > Valuations
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Buggy Boy in generic cab...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

3 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronBoone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Buggy Boy in generic cab...
    Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 11:34am
Hi. Possibly moving some cabs on as I have a couple incoming so can I get a valuation on this one please. It's a generic cab that I got from muddymusic a year or two ago but has Buggy Boy running in it. The monitor is a Hanty 900/e and the tube has a bit of burn that I've tried to picture although you don't notice it when it's on. The chassis was serviced by Grant about 6 months ago. 

The cab itself is in good condition I would say and it seems to suit the game. The steering mech is a NOS one that I put in about a year ago. You can see the accelerator is pretty much a nub at the moment although it functions fine - I haven't figured out how to attach a pedal yet so just used it as is. There's some bits of rust on the metal parts including the wheel and shifter. There's no marquee or lamp assembly. Back door's present which is a bonus. Coin mech isn't wired up.

One thing I will say is the wiring inside is a mess. I had it as a test loom and then shoved it in the cab to test further and never actually tidied it up so there's wires everywhere. The PCB itself is in a cage. I also have 2 x spare PCBs - one is (or was last time I tried it) working fine except for one side of the audio was missing, the other is in a poor state as there's some surface rust. That one has problems - it comes on but with garbage. 

Think that's about it - I've uploaded a video so you can see it running.

Thanks, Steve.

BristolMartin View Drop Down

4 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

4 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BristolMartin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 11:41am
Id go 400.
Flinnster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 11:49am
Nice to see. Awesome game.

Wanted: - PCBs: Rainbow Islands, Bomb Jack, Rolling Thunder
- Parts needed: Naomi non-swivel castor / wheel, coin mech metal clip for Dino King Door
muddymusic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Repro Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 12:33pm
That was exactly my plan for it when I had the cab - just couldn't find a Buggy Boy pcb!
Repro Arcade Artwork supplier, pm me or visit arcadeartshop.com
Body pop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Body pop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 1:01pm
Ooh very cool ! I love a bit of buggy boy
Id agree with valuations .

Jodo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
It's Tachikoma Time!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jodo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 1:28pm
I think the valuations on your Buggy Boy are a bit low. I've not seen Buggy Boy in any format come up for sale in forever. £550-600 all day with the spare PCBs, one of which works!
Space Harrier Arcade World Record Holder!!
Twin Galaxies Official Score: 42,384,290
Have a question about the forum? Need some help? Why not drop me a PM...
Bensonrad View Drop Down
STILL looking for an Outrun & Paperboy!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bensonrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 1:32pm
The PCBs themselves are probably worth a fair bit, you just never seen them.
Wanted: Super Pacman Bezel, Millipede Euro inner Bezel. Asteroids Cabaret Cab, Track & Field or Hyper Sports cab, Exterminator & Arkanoid set ups+Millipede/Paperboy/Super Pacman/Outrun/Taito S.I PCBs
tb2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tb2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 2:53pm
Buggy Boy's a great game, so I'd say the same as above, maybe £400-£500 as it's not an original?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic