ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Forum Info > Suggestions / Bugs / Problems / Help!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Build a thread with artwork restorations

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikonos11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Build a thread with artwork restorations
    Posted: 23 Aug 2017 at 2:30pm
It is possible for me to create my own thread for showing arcade artwork restorations by me in Artwork and Restorations subforum? It will be an Before-After screenshots, photos even.

I´m a collector with the point to show my work and skills.

Thanks for your attention in avance!

Edited by Mikonos11 - 23 Aug 2017 at 2:31pm
Jodo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
It's Tachikoma Time!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jodo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2017 at 10:56pm
Hi Mikonos,

Good to see you again - you did some art for me a couple of years back for my Konami Windy II control panel.

I'd say go ahead and start a thread but be prepared for a lot of members to ask you to produce the art for them Smile

Is that still something you do or do you only do artwork for your own collection now?

Phil.
Space Harrier Arcade World Record Holder!!
Twin Galaxies Official Score: 42,384,290
Have a question about the forum? Need some help? Why not drop me a PM...
Mikonos11 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikonos11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 11:50am
Hi Phil!

Nice to read you!

I remember those printed artwork. I think it was 4-5 years ago.Smile

I saw you are a moderator. Great! I need someone of yours to give me green light.

The reason I ask is because I will show a lot of work and it would raise apprehension. In some forum could be interests than are crashing with this kind of thread.

My point is not sell. I have not a shop or selling post in my own site 10 year old (only have discarded/reprinted/defected artworks for not to throw it away).  I will never create a selling thread in your forum, of course. My point is to show my skill and encourage others to ask for my help, if they thrust in me, and complete more artwork sets , if it is possible. My big project is to preserve arcade and pinball artwork and avoid business with my work by print shops or artwork shops without my permission.

*My restoration work, in most cases, is free, but not printings.

I´m interest to exchange pieces with other collector, like muddymusic, if he wants.

Ok, then! I will start with my thread in a few days.Smile

Thanks so much!Tongue

Regards

Edited by Mikonos11 - 24 Aug 2017 at 11:52am
Luigi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luigi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2017 at 1:39pm
Hi Mikonos.

I have always been amazed by your skills and I really appreciate all the work you put into restoring the artwork!!

I suggest you tell the people what they can expect from you and what not. 

1) You make digital files for the artworks of arcade cabs...sideart, cpo, bezels, whatever. High quality, I want to add.

2) You DO NOT sell your files or even give them away for free (which is absoluteley fine for me, considering all the effort you put into making them!)

3) But people can order printed artwork from you (or better: a print shop in Spain).

Is that correct?

Please, this is no offense in any way! I just think it would be a pity if your skills would be lost for the arcade community due to misunderstandings or wrong expectations.

Cheers Thumbs Up

Edited by Luigi - 25 Aug 2017 at 2:50pm
Mikonos11 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikonos11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2017 at 2:44pm
Hi Luigi!

Don´t worry! It is a justice thing.

Let´s see if you would help me:

1) The point of this thread is to show my restoration/reproduction work. No more, no less. Don´t ask me for printing in this thread , I´m not a shop. Use my mail or private message.

2) I restore all kind of artworks. I did/do/will do for my own entertainment. If I ever restore some piece for you, you will not push me to finished it in a time interval  that you want.

3) I don´t sell my artworks. I only exchange pieces with other users/collectors. After than, you will  do with it/them want ever you want.

4) I will share pieces by my own criterion. Reason: Avoid business with my work.

Luigi, It is a crystalline thing now?

Thanks in avance!

Edited by Mikonos11 - 27 Aug 2017 at 6:33pm
strykr View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strykr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2017 at 9:48pm
I would say be careful it doesnt descend into a 'look how great I am/you cant have these files' thread. Its kind of frustrating when you really need a piece of art repro'd you know someone has the file and wont share it, 
Wanted - Electrocoin Wheels Runner Cabinet http://tinyurl.com/oq6dkau
Badlands & Champ sprint TG mame WR holder
Mikonos11 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikonos11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 8:55am
Hi, strykr!

Thanks k for your participation!

There are two different questions:

About feeling: 'look how great I am/you cant have these files',  as opposed exists the "proud feeling". Proud feeling drives you to share your experience about restoring/building an arcade cabinet.  I think this the most powerful feeling in a community, whatever.

In my case, is a proud feeling. In this way, I will show restorations like nobody showed before, because I´m very sure of my results and my "accuracy".

"Its kind of frustrating when you really need a piece of art repro'd you know someone has the file and wont share it"

What is the solution?, to sell artworks?

I have no problem to order a print for you or them, but it must be apart of my thread.  My thread must be cleaned of this things. I will not reply questions about printings in this kind of thread and I will not make a selling post at ukvac.

Regards

Edited by Mikonos11 - 28 Aug 2017 at 10:27am
Milky View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wild West Nerd

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Milky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 9:48am
Good - it is decided then. Feel free to post your artwork restorations in the relevant sub-forum as was discussed in post 1 and 2. Unless there is something I am missing, this thread is going around in circles.

Edited by Milky - 28 Aug 2017 at 9:50am
Hmmm...it IS a good game, but it needs more cowboys...
Mikonos11 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikonos11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 11:39am
Thanks again, Milky!
Luigi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luigi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 12:40pm
OK then, let's hope everybody knows and understands Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic