ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Forum Info > Suggestions / Bugs / Problems / Help!
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Can we have seperate regions for the sale threads?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Can we have seperate regions for the sale threads?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevkevkev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can we have seperate regions for the sale threads?
    Posted: 10 May 2020 at 8:54am
Getting sick of getting exited seeing 'mvs games for sale' then clicking and seeing its the same old 3 resellers from europe who want £40 for a common title. Can we have a uk only sales thread?
TheDaddy View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2020 at 9:24am

Edited by TheDaddy - 11 May 2020 at 10:09am
AKA Wonderboy. If there is such a thing as reincarnation , knowing my luck , I will come back as me !!
thegreathopper View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thegreathopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2020 at 9:25am
It may be easier if it’s causing upset to block that poster so you don’t see their posts, I have not checked but I know that most forums have this option.

As a NeoGeo fan myself what upsets me is how bad the condition of all the carts in general now are, it used to be apart from being very cheap MVS carts had serials and great condition labels... I guess all the good ones are now sat on a collectors shelf.
John Bennett View Drop Down

4 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2020 at 9:27am
I just assume there’s nowt worth buying.
Works 99% of the time

Edit: can’t say region matters to me - a good deal usually dwarves any additional postage costs (within Europe anyway).

Edited by John Bennett - 10 May 2020 at 9:29am
http://www.philwip.com -sibling 'fix-off' (I’m losing by miles).
kevkevkev View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevkevkev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2020 at 2:17pm
Got some good deals from a few europeans but they are fans letting collections go. Giving resellers a platform to flog their games creates a market price that i think isnt accurate. Maybd it should be like that neogeo forum where only frequent posters can sell.
patloz View Drop Down

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patloz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2020 at 2:43pm
So is it you don't like their prices or they are from Europe?

Both very different things.

If you think a UK only section would be useful i can see that especially as we do sell bulky and fragile items on occasion but if its pricing you don't like then just don't buy from them, move along.

I seem to be the polar opposite to some on here as I don't care how much people price their items for, my though are it belongs to them to do with as they see fit and no one else has any right to have a pop about it.

If its priced wrong it wont sell don't see why so many get their knickers in a twist about it.
Sbdesign View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sbdesign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2020 at 2:49pm
I think more importantly is to have separate sections for...

ARCADE bits and bobs (guns / pedals / i/o)
Arcade Monitor related
Arcade PCB's
Arcade cabinets

I know some sellers maybe clearing some of each, but then they could cross link easily.
The effort for some sellers would be a lot less effort and more logical for the users.

Regarding location - 
could implement a rule to prefix location in title
[UK] PCBS for sale
[FR] MVS for sale

What to buy? what to sell?
Monstermug View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monstermug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2020 at 2:52pm
Some good bargains to be had from Europe too.  I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss that.  Maybe it's the language barrier and when they post things, it doesn't sound friendly? I've only had one problem with a European seller who keeps selling faulty Naomi hardware claiming that they worked.  He usually only sharks people on the wanted thread.  
big10p View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2020 at 2:55pm
Available!
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monstermug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2020 at 2:56pm
Dispondable? 
neo-geo-mvs View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neo-geo-mvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2020 at 2:58pm
It would be useful for separate sale sections.

I like neo-geo.com but don't use the sale section as it has sellers from everywhere but mainly from USA. I don't like importing games if I can help it as I don't like paying high shipping costs and also custom charges.

Separate sale sections would make it easier to avoid foreign sales if you don't like paying the extra costs on top of the selling price.

There are lots of foreign collectors but most probably stay to their own country forums so that they can discuss/talk about their collections and participate in resto's, general chat etc

Generally on here there are less than a handful of expensive foreign sellers that have several accounts, bump like crazy, over price all their "collections" and are here to avoid ebay fees. I just avoid looking at their "collections" now and move on.

I have previously tarnished all foreign sellers with the same brush unfairly due to being annoyed, but most of my collection is from foreign sellers that were not greedy and were great to deal with

User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monstermug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2020 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by Monstermug Monstermug wrote:

Disponible? 
neo-geo-mvs View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neo-geo-mvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2020 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by Monstermug Monstermug wrote:

Dispondable? 

Just one seller who is the problem really

@@@---€€€ DISPONIBLE )))---@@@
bonehead View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
I'll get pix tonight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2020 at 3:03pm
As I have said a million times- the location section in the user profile should be filled in. We can then all check.
There is no reason for people not filling it out. That’s my biggest issue on this forum.

WHY CANT the forms be filled out? If not then they can’t post in the for sale section.

EASY!!!!
Wanted.,Qbert machine working or project.

Hurray Banana View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurray Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2020 at 3:47pm
Not a bad idea Steve
kevkevkev View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevkevkev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2020 at 3:51pm

Mainly that theyre resellers. Most people here will give a fair price or a good deal. There are a few european resellers that i am sick of seeing pop up every week.
Originally posted by patloz patloz wrote:

So is it you don't like their prices or they are from Europe?

Both very different things.

If you think a UK only section would be useful i can see that especially as we do sell bulky and fragile items on occasion but if its pricing you don't like then just don't buy from them, move along.

I seem to be the polar opposite to some on here as I don't care how much people price their items for, my though are it belongs to them to do with as they see fit and no one else has any right to have a pop about it.

If its priced wrong it wont sell don't see why so many get their knickers in a twist about it.
John Bennett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2020 at 4:05pm
I have no time for resellers (Euro, UK, wherever), especially when they can’t even cough up a tenner towards the forum, but isn’t this a bit like wanting two bank accounts to put a quid into each.
It’s hardly Stock Exchange levels of sales activity out there.
http://www.philwip.com -sibling 'fix-off' (I’m losing by miles).
prof peach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prof peach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2020 at 5:34pm
I've also had some superb purchases from European sellers here, especially the excellent Glstar whose boards and spares are immaculately packaged. 

I think it's pretty obvious if an item is in Europe from the pricing, but I do agree with Bonehead - the location tab is pretty helpful.
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monstermug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2020 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by prof peach prof peach wrote:

I've also had some superb purchases from European sellers here, especially the excellent Glstar whose boards and spares are immaculately packaged. 

I think it's pretty obvious if an item is in Europe from the pricing, but I do agree with Bonehead - the location tab is pretty helpful.

I agree most European sellers are fantastic including Glstar and Caius.  Just a few sellers that give them a bad name.  But there are some UK sellers that are a PITA to deal with too so it's not a race problem imo. 
SUPERSPRINT View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SUPERSPRINT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2020 at 6:23pm
It’s not the location of the seller that’s the issue. It’s the constant bumping of a bunch of stuff which is not selling due to being overpriced. I don’t understand why those sellers just don’t remove the lot and list it somewhere else. It’s extremely frustrating to scroll through a large list of stuff which no one is going to buy from. If it’s not selling reduce it till it sells or don’t bother.
You wouldn’t mind if the pricing was on point and stuff was actually moving. Some of the board prices coming up seem to be top dollar or nothing. Nothing it is then.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic