ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Artwork and Restorations
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Candy Cab respray

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamesdcat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Candy Cab respray
    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 at 7:01pm
I am looking at having my candy cab (old FOBT) unit sprayed, can anyone recommend anyone in or around West Yorkshire and offer any experience of price?
dbl76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dbl76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2020 at 10:56pm
I would also be interested in this as I have one that could do with a freshen up - also in West Yorkshire ;)
ZedEx48K View Drop Down
User
User

8-Bit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZedEx48K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2020 at 9:38am
Check reviews for local car body work shops.
patloz View Drop Down

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patloz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2020 at 10:34am
Painting isn't the big cost its the preparation of the cab first so it really depends if it needs bringing back to bare metal or if you can key the current paint, sand the odd blemish and blow it over.

If you do all the prep legwork inc the base primer then its £150-£200 in paintwork ,if you want them to do it all you are looking at £300 to £500 depending on condition.

I did a dino king a while back , look at Richie Mays for sale post, that would have been £300 to do retail in two colours and it needed very little prep work.
SuperGoataku View Drop Down
User
User

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGoataku Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 9:02am
I've just had my DinoKing blasted and powder coated with 5 layers, cost £250, done locally. Chap said the biggest cost was the blasting.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic