Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Tech, Maintenance & Repairs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Carnival PCB question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tronads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Carnival PCB question
    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 12:50am
I have just read on the Carnival flyer under "Operator Controls", that apparently "you can adjust the overall game speed with a control on the CPU board".

Does anyone know whereabouts on the CPU board this "control" is (presumably a potentiometer?)  I have tried looking on Google Images but I cannot see anything.

joe34 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joe34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 1:24am
tronads View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tronads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 10:26am
Much the same as the pictures I have tried looking at, they don't really seem to be showing close up pics of the cpu board. Thanks though.
Macro View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Macro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 12:14pm
It looks like a pot near the red tag on the CPU PCB pictured

On the schematics that part of the circuit is used to generate the video sync's, so changing this would indeed change the speed of the game (as long as the monitor can cope with the sync change!)

joe34 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joe34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 1:25pm
tronads View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tronads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 2:48pm
Interesting...is there any way to determine just how much percentage its possible to slow the game down by ?

This is just to do with some conversations we have been having about the Carnival World Record. 

The high score recorded on the cab is massive compared to the mame world record (by the same person), and I must stress that there is no doubt whatsoever that the score was really achieved, as some very credible people witnessed the game being played, but given the speed cannot be adjusted in Mame, this may go some way to explaining the big difference in scores.

This is a conversation purely to speculate, not in any way an attempt to bring anything into question, as we know the player is brilliant at the game.
joe34 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joe34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 8:26pm
i wish we could see the video recording of the world record (assuming there is a recording), so then we could determine at what game speed the world record was achieved Ermm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic