Forum Home Forum Home > Trading Post > Auctions & Ebay Stuff
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Centipede Caberet

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kidyamlo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 11:17pm
There's obviously a direct correlation between this and the Simpsons Pinball thread, but don't mistake that for a fire sale... Embarrassed
WTB: Stern Bagman PCB
bonehead View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 11:18pm
You have to start at a low price when it says make an offer . You can always go up. eBay is the place to buy bargains sometimes.
I would rather have a full upright at that price than a Caberet with no side art.

For the record I traded the defender with a very good friend for probably a value of £150 so not always looking for good money.
Always looking for a bargain.
Wanted. Centipede uprigh, bezerk, mad planets.
bonehead View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 11:20pm
I’m sure the buyer of the centipede will be happy. I’m lucky enough to have a centipede Caberet on loan at my place so can play it plenty.
It’s a really good game but prefer the uprights. I had a mint Caberet tempest but traded it for an upright.
Always looking for a bargain.
Wanted. Centipede uprigh, bezerk, mad planets.
kidyamlo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kidyamlo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by bonehead bonehead wrote:

You have to start at a low price when it says make an offer . You can always go up. eBay is the place to buy bargains sometimes.
I would rather have a full upright at that price than a Caberet with no side art.

With you on the offers. 

I don't have room for an upright, this just about squeezes in and I infinitely prefer the cabaret, lack of side art and all. These things were made to be packed into small English houses :)
Wurstkopp View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wurstkopp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 11:03am
And german houses with pitched roofs. LOL
Robotron, Smash TV, Final Fight, Street Fighter 2, Donkey Kong, Red Tent, Galaga 88, Centipede cabaret, SNK MVS-U4, Taito MT-8
karlcdoe View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karlcdoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 11:57am
Buy full size centipede + circular saw, angle grinder and some plasterboard screws.... job done :-)
Wurstkopp View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wurstkopp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 12:29pm
Big smile
Robotron, Smash TV, Final Fight, Street Fighter 2, Donkey Kong, Red Tent, Galaga 88, Centipede cabaret, SNK MVS-U4, Taito MT-8
jimmerd View Drop Down

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimmerd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 1:11pm
How about an even smaller one from replicade amusements?

Edited by jimmerd - 14 Jun 2018 at 1:14pm
tin View Drop Down

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by JonTron JonTron wrote:

Oww, i missed it..
Might as well buy what ebay recommends as a suitably similar item..

Tongue this new "feature" does my tits in!
This is your crew chief // Yeah, the course is really tough // But it's a beautiful day // So good luck!
big10p View Drop Down

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 1:53pm
That new ebay feature is pathetic. It never even gets close to matching the item.

Originally posted by jimmerd jimmerd wrote:

How about an even smaller one from replicade amusements?

Very cool! Shocked
Bods View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 9:26am
Just go down middle and get the Euro Millipede and then you can install the kit to play Centipede tooBig smile

Best of both as cabs quite nice size but still full size with artworkThumbs Up

Edited by Bods - 15 Jun 2018 at 9:27am
WANTED! Buggy Boy Junior Rear Seat. Continental Circus Cockpit Lower Rear Light Plexi and more space
Mark H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 11:48am
Hi All,

It took me about 4 years to find my Centipede cabaret (as pictured) and I prefer the wood grain side and the fact it will fit in my estate car and of course it has the same size screen as the full size cabinets. Mine was fully working and restoted by Marty but I did not pay over £1,000 for it BTW...

It's now a keeper and I would never sell it. Just replaced the trackball and it runs better than ever.

"The Future Is Now"
kidyamlo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kidyamlo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 11:59am
Originally posted by Mark H Mark H wrote:

Hi All,

It took me about 4 years to find my Centipede cabaret (as pictured) and I prefer the wood grain side and the fact it will fit in my estate car and of course it has the same size screen as the full size cabinets. Mine was fully working and restoted by Marty but I did not pay over £1,000 for it BTW...

It's now a keeper and I would never sell it. Just replaced the trackball and it runs better than ever.

Awesome. Yeah, mine will sit next to my Tempest too. How often do these things come up? They may very well not be rare, but they're rare enough when the metric is my impatience. I definitely overpaid, a little, but I went in knowingly. Fully restored it's not an unreasonable sum to ask for.
Equites View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
Chief Sheesher®

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Equites Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by kidyamlo kidyamlo wrote:

Hi All,

Awesome. Yeah, mine will sit next to my Tempest too. How often do these things come up? They may very well not be rare, but they're rare enough when the metric is my impatience. I definitely overpaid, a little, but I went in knowingly. Fully restored it's not an unreasonable sum to ask for.

Is the glass bezel original? He was trying to buy a reproduction on KLOV. This someone who knows nothing about cabs.

Sheesh.
Atari PCB's (and most non-Atari), AR2's, Vector Deflection/HV boards repaired & refurbished.
Wanted: Non-working Atari PCBs.
Mark H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 12:10pm
Mine was a US import and they are certainly more common over there from the ebay.com searches I have done.

Cheers

Mark
"The Future Is Now"
kidyamlo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kidyamlo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 12:12pm

Mine was a US import and they are certainly more common over there from the ebay.com searches I have done.

Cheers

Mark

Yeah I've seen a few over there, but then everything is ten-a-penny over there. I'm still amazed by what's available and the prices too. The fact that this one was only about 100 miles away was the clincher for me :)
Mark H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 12:36pm
Richie,

It does look it great overall condition so it shouldn't hopefully cost too much to get it up and fully working so overall not a bad buy at all. I had a near 9 hour round trip to collect mine too...but I did get a great cuppa tea from Martin !!!

Keep us posted on your "restore" process please.

Cheers

Mark
"The Future Is Now"
Mark H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 4:03pm
Hi All,

There is another one now listed now on ebay.com. It is at $1,495 (£1,125) and it is fully working !

I reckon it would cost you also at least £400 to import it to the UK.

"The Future Is Now"
kidyamlo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kidyamlo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 4:08pm

Hi All,

There is another one now listed now on ebay.com. It is at $1,495 (£1,125) and it is fully working !

I reckon it would cost you also at least £400 to import it to the UK.

It would cost around that to get it to a port. I reckon more. Hassle though. I'm glad for Ken and RGP's set-up.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic