Forum Home Forum Home > Trading Post > Wanted
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Chihiro Outrun 2 (not SP)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris2922 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chihiro Outrun 2 (not SP)
    Posted: 14 May 2022 at 9:20am
Hi I’m looking for a Chihiro with Outrun 2. Not the SP version. I want to drop it into an F355 cab without mods so would need to be the original version of the game please. English version preferred.
Retroman839 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Retroman839 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2022 at 9:59am
Modded Xbox run chihiro

But force feed back isn’t working correctly on mine
But I have a touring car which has the crap steering mech
chris2922 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris2922 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2022 at 11:10am
They do indeed. But I don’t have one of those either!
Vamino View Drop Down

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vamino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2022 at 1:54pm
If you are stuck I have the following.

You would need to source a mediaboard/Dimm section though. Type 1 and Type 3 mediaboards do come up from time to time. Chunksin was selling a couple of Type 1 media boards a while back, maybe he still has a spare?

£225 - Motherboard (missing feet) + AVIP cable+ OR2 Disc w/chip + faulty Type 1 top.
£175 - Motherboard (missing feet) + AVIP cable + faulty type 1 top.

Type 3 withdrawn.

If you want a network Type 3, Mo sells them for £395 + VAT without AVIP cable.

Edited by Vamino - 15 May 2022 at 6:13pm
Insert Coin[s]
chris2922 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris2922 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2022 at 8:35pm
Thank you Ian if I’m stuck I’ll get in touch, those are good options.
The type 3 won’t drop in to F355 though will it? I would lose FFB?
Vamino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vamino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2022 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by chris2922 chris2922 wrote:

Thank you Ian if I’m stuck I’ll get in touch, those are good options.
The type 3 won’t drop in to F355 though will it? I would lose FFB?

You'll get FFB with both Type 1 and Type 3 Chihiro when it's installed in a F355 cabinet, OR2 works with the Model 3/F355 drive board combo AND later Initial D/OR2 FFB Midi board. It's OR2SP that doesn't support the older Model 3/F355 drive board combo.

The only difference between Type 3 Network and Type 3 Non Network is a small network PCB and small metal cover/plate, the baseboard is the same. OR2 SP requires the network board to be attached, otherwise it fails at the network check and doesn't go into game. There could be other outliers, but I've not encountered any issues with other games.

I'm not sure what version of Chihiro is in official OR2 cabinets, Type 1 or Type 3. All I know is that there's a router in the base of Japanese OR2 cabinets that links multiple cabs together, I'm not sure what socket the ethernet cable comes from though, so you may need Type 1 Netdimm or Type 3 with network PCB to link cabs.

Chunksin/Rich was selling some Type 1 tops for £20 a while back. Maybe he still has one?
http://www.ukvac.com/forum/sega-chihiro-type-1-media-boards_topic384996_post1201331.html

I do have a faulty Type 1 top I could throw in with the Motherboard, but I couldn't get it to work when I tested it. Could be just a fuse though? LOL

The above Type 3 is what I use in my own F355 cabinet. To be honest I may remove the Type 3 from sale after I've slept on it as I do have a future project I can use it on.

I place £50 value on the OR2 Disc and Chip as that's what it cost me. So if you wanted the working motherboard without game you can have the motherboard for £175.

Edited by Vamino - 14 May 2022 at 9:47pm
Insert Coin[s]
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic