ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Tech, Maintenance & Repairs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

chihiro update disc

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stegrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: chihiro update disc
    Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 5:46pm
I have 2 chihiros that wont work with my flash drive iirc they are on the old firmware and need updating first? Where could i get the update disc?
Cheers
Ste
(Current cabs) sega rally twin,OR upright,Or2,ID2,Scud race upright,Ridge racer Dlx,Daytona Twin Dlx, New astro city, taito Wgp,

bbz149 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bbz149 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by stegrey stegrey wrote:

I have 2 chihiros that wont work with my flash drive iirc they are on the old firmware and need updating first? Where could i get the update disc?
Cheers
Ste
Mmm, you could always borrow mine! I just need to go in the Loft and find it for you m8 Big smile
stegrey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stegrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by bbz149 bbz149 wrote:

Originally posted by stegrey stegrey wrote:

Cheers
Ste
Mmm, you could always borrow mine! I just need to go in the Loft and find it for you m8 Big smile

Thanks Terry that would be great.. im not in a hurry for it.. is it simple to do?
Cheers
(Current cabs) sega rally twin,OR upright,Or2,ID2,Scud race upright,Ridge racer Dlx,Daytona Twin Dlx, New astro city, taito Wgp,

bbz149 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbz149 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 9:10pm
Just had a thought, I did my Chirhiro with and Laptop and Transfergame! let me dig out the files for you and stick them on Dropbox Thumbs Up
Vamino View Drop Down

4 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vamino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 9:45pm
Can this update be done via the Netbooter Pi thingy?
Insert Coin[s]
jinq-sea View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jinq-sea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 9:53pm
This would be v useful if you’re happy to share?
bbz149 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbz149 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by Vamino Vamino wrote:

For Piforcetools you can add the Firmware to the ROM Folder but you will have to edit the piforcetools or the Firmware will not show in the Menu!

As far as i know 4.02 only adds CF support, so if you have a Pi setup then probably no point updating unless you want to use CF Cards!
Vamino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vamino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 10:22pm

For Piforcetools you can add the Firmware to the ROM Folder but you will have to edit the piforcetools or the Firmware will not show in the Menu!

As far as i know 4.02 only adds CF support, so if you have a Pi setup then probably no point updating unless you want to use CF Cards!

Cheers for that info mate.

I've got a netdimm and CF kt, but I don't have a Pi setup.
If I can get my netdimm updated via a Pi then I may just stick to CF for a while.

The problem is that if I had one of those Pi's I'd probably spend half the time trying to choose a game I wanted to play rather than actually playing something!
Insert Coin[s]
big10p View Drop Down

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 10:55pm

Cheers for that info mate.

I've got a netdimm and CF kt, but I don't have a Pi setup.
If I can get my netdimm updated via a Pi then I may just stick to CF for a while.

The problem is that if I had one of those Pi's I'd probably spend half the time trying to choose a game I wanted to play rather than actually playing something!
I assume the net DIMM is the same one as used on NAOMI? You can update the net DIMM by connecting a PC/laptop to it. You will need to set the jumpers for net booting, though. See here:

The firmware files can be found here:
Scroll down a short way to the big list of downloads. The firmware files are near the bottom.

Be aware that you need to upgrade to 4.01 BEFORE going to 4.02, or there's a risk of bricking your net DIMM, apparently.
penrhos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penrhos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 11:19pm
Just use a pc/laptop and transfergame.exe to upgrade the firmware.

That's how I do mine or if you have a rpi use piforce-single, that will send whatever bin file is in the roms folder on the sdcard without editing anything.

Just go to 4.01 first not directly to 4.02 as it can cause issues.

Try:-
https://www.arcade-projects.com/forums/index.php?thread/1473-chihiro-type-3-new-firmware/

And here

https://www.arcade-projects.com/forums/index.php?thread/1086-how-to-net-boot-naomi-tri-force-chihiro-using-pi-force-tools/

Edited by penrhos - 14 Jun 2018 at 11:27pm
mozie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mozie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 11:22pm
The neo-arcadia links have been dead a while, here's a working one Thumbs Up

https://mega.nz/#F!lg4TTIrL!Bs03RF6fYjoUg1YYUt70Dw
big10p View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by mozie mozie wrote:

The neo-arcadia links have been dead a while, here's a working one Thumbs Up

https://mega.nz/#F!lg4TTIrL!Bs03RF6fYjoUg1YYUt70Dw
Didn't know the links were dead. Could have sworn I downloaded the firmware from there recently. Must have had them already downloaded from a while ago, then.
Vamino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vamino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 11:55pm
Thanks for the advice.

I think my GDRom & chip updated my old netdimm to ver 4.01, I remember when I updated my netdimm it wiped all my high scores!

Anyone know if this disc can update Chihiro Type 3 as well?

Insert Coin[s]
Vamino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vamino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 7:02pm

Thanks for the advice.

I think my GDRom & chip updated my old netdimm to ver 4.01, I remember when I updated my netdimm it wiped all my high scores!

Anyone know if this disc can update Chihiro Type 3 as well?

Anyone know?

If this is the correct disc then Ste can borrow it to solve his outdated FW issues.
Insert Coin[s]
Ace` View Drop Down
PlanB contributor #1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ace` Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 8:04pm
Chihiro discs are grey, that's a Naomi disc.
Vamino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vamino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 8:20pm
Ah, for some reason I missed that fact! 
And I have OR2 Chihiro discs here as well. LOL

Thanks.

Edited by Vamino - 15 Jun 2018 at 8:21pm
Insert Coin[s]
robotech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 8:24pm
I have a pi and pi force single you can borrow Ian
think I have the neo arcadia file aswell
"Deja Vu"
Vamino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vamino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by robotech robotech wrote:

I have a pi and pi force single you can borrow Ian
think I have the neo arcadia file aswell

Thanks mate. Smile
I may take you up on that one of the days.
I've still need the 001 JVS loom in order to use the Pi, bu,t Rich has helped me out big time sourcing a loom. Big smile
Insert Coin[s]
robotech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 8:58pm
thinking about it if you plugged your net dim into my Naomi 2 you should be able to up date it with the disk you have
I don't think the net dim will know any different when plugged back into the chihiro
"Deja Vu"
Vamino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vamino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 10:43pm
I'm OK for getting the Netdimm updated for a bit mate, I have Naomi and Naomi 2 here but would just need a Pi to update to V4.02.

Just trying to see what options Ste has to update his Type 3, for some reason I thought my Naomi CF update disc would work on his Chihiro. It's been a long week, thank God I've got the weekend off!

Edited by Vamino - 15 Jun 2018 at 10:45pm
Insert Coin[s]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic