ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Tech, Maintenance & Repairs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Club Kart accel / brake setup

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote channel27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Club Kart accel / brake setup
    Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 12:37pm
Hi all,

Does anyone know how to setup the accel and brake pedals on Club Kart?

I’m in the test menu but I seem to be only able to set the lower limit.
I’ve looked in the manual, which says press start without touching the pedals and then again with them fully depressed, but it just sets the lower limit. How do I switch to set the upper limit??

Can someone point out what stupid thing I’m missing, please...!? :D

Cheers,
Rob
Wanted
Tekken: 3, 5DR, 5.1, 6, 6BR, TTT2
Virtua Fighter: 2.1, 3TB, 4, 5
Any working / faulty Sega Model 1/2/3 boards
obcd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote obcd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 9:50pm
Maybe it should set the upper limit automatically when you press the pedal. Basically, the game board get's an analog voltage close to 0V when the pedal isn't pressed and close to 5V when it's pressed. If it's incorrect connected or if the potentiometer is bad, it simply might not see you press the pedal and it won't register the maximum value. See if you have an input test and check if the game board can read the pedal positions.
channel27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote channel27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 11:28am
Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
The pedals work with Crazy Taxi and Mario Kart Arcade GP though so they should be OK.
When you go to set them up, the little arrow points at the lower mark but I can’t find a way to switch it to the upper one.
(Pressing the pedals registers onscreen but it only moves up a small amount from unpressed to fully on)
Maybe my pots just aren’t going high enough up the scale so it always thinks it’s setting the lower limit?
I’ll swap them out with a spare and try again.

Cheers,
Rob

Edited by channel27 - 14 Feb 2018 at 11:31am
Wanted
Tekken: 3, 5DR, 5.1, 6, 6BR, TTT2
Virtua Fighter: 2.1, 3TB, 4, 5
Any working / faulty Sega Model 1/2/3 boards
Vamino View Drop Down

4 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

4 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vamino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 12:15am
I've just had a look at my Club Kart settings.

Is this the same screen you are seeing?

From what I can see, the numbers on the left is the current value. This should change when you press down and release the brake and accel.

30 is the lower limit, and C0 is the upper limit.

I didn't read the manual, so I'm not sure how to reset them via the service menu. I just physically set the pot in the pedals so the values fall between the lower and upper. So for Club Kart ideally you would want 20-25 for when the pedal is released, and when depressed it should go over C0.

I didn't check, but I think you can slightly adjust the upper and lower range by moving the stars?
The values shown are what I ended up quickly setting it to when playing ID7 which is not ideal for Club Kart. So now when pressing the brake I don't reach C0 in Club Kart.

For ID7, I had to adjust the physical pots on the pedals as the brake pot was set too high for anything other than Club Kart. I was basically driving around with the brakes on when playing ID7.

Edited by Vamino - 15 Feb 2018 at 12:26am
Insert Coin[s]
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic