Forum Home Forum Home > Trading Post > Auctions & Ebay Stuff
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

CRT Rejuvenator

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NivagSwerdna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CRT Rejuvenator
    Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 10:55pm
I don't have enough CRTs to justify this but perhaps someone here might be interested...

https://www.etsy.com/listing/858669995/mint-elco-crt-tester

The seller has made a typo I think... should be Eico.

If you do buy it... I hope you are local and I'll be around in due course...  Smile

Edited by NivagSwerdna - 13 Oct 2021 at 10:57pm
qjuk View Drop Down

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qjuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 11:17pm
It’s now sold (not to me BTW).

What was the price it was listed at?
Wanted: Rainbow Islands and Ghost ‘n Goblins original PCBs.
Infurious View Drop Down

3 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Infurious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 11:32pm
It was on sale for £35.93.

I managed to purchase it as it's something I've been looking for, for a while now and this seemed in really good condition. Shortly after the item was cancelled. After looking at the sellers details, it would seem they are U.S. based and was offering free delivery, so I'm assuming the device was in the U.S. also.

Says I've got a refund, but yet to make it to my account.
Always looking dead, defunct, or stripped arcade PCBs.
NivagSwerdna View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NivagSwerdna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 12:06am
That's all a bit odd... seemed to be listed in GBP.    Sorry for the distraction.
Infurious View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Infurious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 8:50am
It was advertised in pounds, but assuming that Etsy doing the conversion.

Got a message back, they are in Canada, and as I suspected "No free shipping", lol.

I asked what the shipping cost could be as it looked almost like new, even the case was in good nik.
david656 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote david656 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 10:34am
I'm in Bristol, UK and also would like one of these/access to a CRT rejuvenator.  Is it just a watch and wait on eBay job? is there someone local with one etc etc.
Player View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Player Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 10:59am
Sorry but I need to ask. What does it do??
Infurious View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Infurious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by Player Player wrote:

Sorry but I need to ask. What does it do??

Over time carbon builds up on the gun inside the CRT. This leads to a dulling of the picture. This device allows you to connect it up to the tube, and burns off the carbon, helping to restore the tube brightness. You can allow calibrate each of the RGB guns separately. Very useful when you're looking to service original tubes from the early machines.
Player View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Player Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 12:05pm
Infurious View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Infurious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by david656 david656 wrote:

I Is it just a watch and wait on eBay job? is there someone local with one etc etc.

Basically, just wait and watch. Many of those being sold are no longer working and more of an oddity than anything else. These would have been out in the field as well as the workshop and taken a bit of battering, so many of them no longer work or the calibration is shot. Good clean versions, like that advertised, is fairly rare. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic