Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > Modern Gaming
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Cuphead

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonTron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cuphead
    Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 10:40am
There aren't many modern games that could lend themselves well to being turned into the types of arcade games that we used to see in 80's and 90's style arcades. One game, released recently, I think does. Cuphead.

Cuphead is a run and gun indie video game developed and published by StudioMDHR Entertainment. As the title character Cuphead, the player fights a series of bosses in order to repay a debt to the devil. - taken straight from the Wikipedia. Here's the full link

The game is a Run & Gun type game drawn in the style of old 30's and 40's cartoons. It is considered to be a hard game by modern standards but very addictive and rewarding. 

Here's my mock-up of how I think a cabinet might look. I've used a Pac-Man as I had the plans on my PC anyway. Open to suggestions to what cabinet you think it would be more suited to.

Artwork is all from Cuphead website and StudioMDHR website
Did this a few weeks back and wasn't going to upload it anywhere as it was just something I did to see what it could look like. Then I spoke to Adam (slave01) yesterday when picking up a game and he had the same idea. So I thought it might be interesting to see what others thought.

JT
Brettster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brettster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 12:10pm
Looks like someone else had the same idea :)

I play it on my cab too

Looking for More Space!!
JonTron View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonTron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 12:22pm
Yeah the game style did create a lot of discussion about how arcade-game-like it was. Especially with its difficulty. Not surprised someone has made a cab. Looks good. Not sure about the panel though (this one and my own design). 6 buttons is required in game but it doesnt help tbe look of the panels.

Is this your cab? If not,
What cab are you running it on?
Brettster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brettster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 1:25pm
Not my cab, I'm running it on a Vewlix C

Looking for More Space!!
JonTron View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonTron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 1:43pm
Nice! That actually looks better than the one above and my mock-up above.
Brettster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brettster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 6:36pm
suits the wide screen lovely but I think it deserves a nice 1930s style cab with B&W screen
Looking for More Space!!
andrewsm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrewsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 10:09pm
Cracking game. Also on xbox one
WANTED: Any Nichibutsu stuff, Pre Jamma Fan. scrap nichibutsu table
http://www.arcadetester.co.uk
Zickefoose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zickefoose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 2:10pm
Those machines look great. This game is an instant classic, and for good reason. I finished it 3 times so far. Has the sequel been announced yet?
JonTron View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonTron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 6:17pm
Last month the developer said there would definitely be a sequel but that it would take a long time. Sure I read somewhere too that it would be different in style than this game so I'm interested to see what they will do. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic