ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Tech, Maintenance & Repairs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Daytona Usa 2 BOTE/PE Twin Cabinet ISSUES

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saddys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 12:10pm
Thank you for your interest and for the answers. I checked and the rom are identical. Also because until yesterday the game worked perfectly! As I wrote in the first post, it all started when I brought the percentage of FFB from 80% to 50% (because it was too strong). From there it no longer worked. To say if this was the cause I will never know, but before everything worked perfectly.

saddys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saddys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 12:15pm
no wait, maybe I did not explain myself. 
I never read the intermediate values, I read only 00 o ff (minimum and maximum value of the pot). So I will never set the center at 80H since I do not read it.
Sbdesign View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sbdesign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 12:27pm
so in test menu you get no values when you turn the wheel? only min and max? 2 different number either full right/full left and you just get 00 FF, and this is on the monitor

i am not discussing anything on drive board  i the back.
Looking out for a Sega Gun cab: HOTD 1or2 / VC 1or2
saddys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saddys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 12:37pm
Yes, only 00 or FF when i turn the wheel:
I read 00 at max left, then change to ff a little before the center, but immediately after it goes to 00 up to almost right where FF appears.
Sbdesign View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sbdesign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 12:39pm
and this is on the test screen correct?

And its on the screen where you can set centre?

So says 00 (what does it say in brackets after it)

saddys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saddys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 12:44pm
I understood this: the pot goes into the game card and everything works perfectly there.

The same signal enters the DRIVE BOARD which interprets and uses this signal to power the FFB engine. On the board there are various ICs, one of these must interpret the signal and transform it from analog (ohm) into logical binary (0-1). In my opinion this IC does not work and does not transform the data correctly.
saddys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saddys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 12:47pm
Yes, of course, there is the TEST INPUT which is the signal that reads the game board and there I see perfectly all the values change, then there is the TEST DRIVE BOARD which is the test of the card we are talking about, where I can set the center of the FFB. 

In brackets I read (80h) that it should be the "perfect" center. To the left of the brackets is the current value based on the position of the steering wheel, there I always see only 00 and FF as I said before.

Edited by saddys - 13 Jun 2018 at 12:48pm
saddys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saddys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 12:50pm
In the second cab (where all is OK), in this DRIVE TEST BOARD, i can read at left of the "(80h)" the values that change correctly.

Edited by saddys - 13 Jun 2018 at 12:50pm
bonehead View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
Call me jamma jim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 1:05pm
Simple answer is but another drive board. If you know the fault is with the board replace it. They are not expensive and plenty around.
Always looking for a bargain.
Wanted., bezerk, mad planets.
saddys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saddys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 1:09pm
Yes, but buy another board is too simple Tongue

Before buying a working one (which here in Italy there are none) I try to change the ICs because they are cheap and are easy to replace.

The beauty of these things is also to fix them as far as possible, no?
obcd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote obcd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 1:38pm
Indeed.

Have you measured the voltage that comes from the steering potmeter on the ffb board input. It should be close to 0V full left and go up to 5V (full right) It will go to an analog 2 digital converter chip. Maybe the pcb track is corroded and the signals are no longer connected to each other.

If I remeber well, the 2 digit display on the board should show the steering voltage in hex as well. So 0volt will be 00 and 5V will be FF. Bascally voltage is "hex reading / 256 * 5" The values you see on the screen in game test mode are digitally read by the game board from the FFB board.

You could compare signals between the working and none working board. It's important you localise the analog 2 digital converter that does the reading. You need a scope or at least a logic probe to diagnose problems. Digital signals switch condition fast, and can't be measured with a multimeter.
saddys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saddys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 2:07pm
I have not measured the tension but it's the first thing I do as soon as I get home. 

You remember well, the displays show the data in HEX. In fact in the working card, as I turn the steering wheel I read the HEX values that change, while in the card that does not work I do not read them. I have identified in an OKI M6253 the A/D converter.

However as soon as I have a moment of time I put the board on the bench, give the 5v supply and with the oscilloscope I control the various circuits looking for "strange" signals, starting from pins 5 (POT SIGNAL) and 6 (GND POT) of the CN5.

Edited by saddys - 13 Jun 2018 at 2:18pm
Sbdesign View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sbdesign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 2:38pm
Glad my issue was resolved much easier than this... I wouldn't have had a clue and got another board as bonehead stated. (in fact I did for my rally 2)

Good luck, sounds too complicated for me, and sounds like you know what your doing...
Vamino View Drop Down

4 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

4 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vamino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 10:09pm
It certainly sounds like the drive board then.

If you find a repair for your PCB then please share it. I have multiple faulty drive boards which need repairing. Also, the price of those PCB's is getting expensive now.
Insert Coin[s]
saddys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saddys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 8:14am
Yes of course, but there are a lot of various problem/error, there is not only one solution
obcd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote obcd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 4:56pm
Sometimes it's a design issue that causes problems 90% of the times.

On chihiro for instance, the overheating gpu due to a non working fan is responsable for most occuring faults. The leaking 1 farad capacitor is good for some of the rest.

So, basically, those are the first things you should check.
Maybe the drive boards have a similar issue.
saddys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saddys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2018 at 9:58pm
Ok, with a oscilloscope i found a noise signal in a pin of one decoder. I replace the ic, and now all is perfect :p

Outrun2 View Drop Down
Colonel Outrun

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Outrun2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2018 at 10:19pm
Excellent tenacity - glad you got it sorted Clap

Any chance you could share a pic showing the IC number you replaced in case it is a common fault that others could try replacing?
Would like:
No more cabs.. please!!
saddys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote saddys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2018 at 3:14pm
The IC5 decoder (in the pic I have just removed)

See the strange wave in this video (with isolated pin of course)

https://youtu.be/JHU2E7fHNn4https://youtu.be/JHU2E7fHNn4

Edited by saddys - 01 Jul 2018 at 3:17pm
saddys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saddys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2018 at 3:32pm
I ordered for 4€ this (different package, slim sop, but identical part number)

Edited by saddys - 01 Jul 2018 at 3:35pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic