ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Artwork and Restorations
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Defender (Black Tiger) de-conversion/restoration.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Defender (Black Tiger) de-conversion/restoration.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
PAC-MAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PAC-MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 7:16pm
Yeah that would be it, nice one. I'm certainly not an expert but I spent some time with Baiterhater getting some metal stencils made. We spent a lot of time researching different cabinet artwork and it was pretty cool the amount of differences and variants we came across. It would seem that the early machines artwork are similar to yours? The later machines had the more common one guy facing forwards/one facing to the back with red stars/dots on the front.

It's a cool project!

Edited by PAC-MAN - 01 Nov 2017 at 7:20pm
ArcadeAddict77 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArcadeAddict77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 7:22pm
I always thought this was an early cabinet just due to the pinball style silver coin door. Other than that I was not really aware there were variances in the artwork.

Thanks for the info!

Edited by ArcadeAddict77 - 01 Nov 2017 at 7:22pm
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArcadeAddict77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 7:24pm
Just checked and my CP and marquee are in Memphis, about halfway through their trip to me.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArcadeAddict77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2017 at 4:48pm
Working on my parts purchase list and I am looking for what to connect the original control panel wiring to a jamma/JROK setup without hacking the original connectors.

My question is on whether this is suitable? Its not the cost, but the wait time on delivery if this is not the right part.

I think what I don't know is that pitch .100" or 3.96mm/156"

Any opinions appreciated on this question. Smile

Edited by ArcadeAddict77 - 07 Nov 2017 at 5:08pm
chadsarcade View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Lord of Vectors (tm)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chadsarcade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2017 at 5:53pm
It's 0.156" pitch, so link #2.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArcadeAddict77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2017 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by chadsarcade chadsarcade wrote:

It's 0.156" pitch, so link #2.

Thanks very much! I will be ordering a load of stuff from Twisted Quarter so this works out better. Smile
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArcadeAddict77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2017 at 11:38pm
It seemed kind of criminal to throw this away. No nostalgia for the game, but still managed to save it off of one side of the cabinet in the de-conversion process.

Eddhorse View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eddhorse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 8:11am
Ah great save, its a good game IMO, i always thought the main character was a man though hmmm
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ArcadeAddict77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 3:15pm
I got some time to clean up the marquee parts, mostly taking vinegar and tin foil to the rusted metal parts. Nothing inside is perfect, but I am really not that concerned since it won't be seen on the final product.

With the marquee and control panel in place there is where I am. My next step is going to be to give the inside a good clean and get some parts on order to start wiring the cabinet up.

Current status pic:

Just for fun a comparison pic of before and up to this point in time:

Very happy to see black, yellow and red and no green on this project.
Hurray Banana View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurray Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 3:34pm
The difference is night and day, fantastic effort hereClap
Fuzzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fuzzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 4:34pm
Another Defender saved. Bravo! Clap
paulcan69 View Drop Down
Can reburn OTP EPROMs! Fear my power!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulcan69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 hours 44 minutes ago at 6:16pm
I would have kept it as black tiger much better game
Lol
Nah but seriously well saved/restored
But I do love black tiger more as a game
But damn right it shouldn't be in a defender cab for sure
It was worth 400 max
Now worth 1200
No brainier
Arcade Otaku name: paulcan69
Jamma+ name: paulcan69
ebay name: paulcan2
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123