ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > Modern Gaming
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

DEVIL DEVOUR ALIVE DX - OUT NOW

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote virtuaworlds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DEVIL DEVOUR ALIVE DX - OUT NOW
    Posted: 04 Sep 2022 at 10:42am
I just wanted to edit this post to let you know DEVIL DEVOUR ALIVE DX is OUT NOW and available to purchase on Steam!
Thank you for your support!

------------------------------

Hi, I am the programmer for Devil Devour Alive DX, a pick-up-and-play occult themed single screen arcade game.
Evil Smile

I thought I'd post about it in here because out team loves arcade games. We are not getting a lot of traction from the average steam player and know there must be more players with a love of arcade games on steam.

The player collects sinners as they fall from the lightning filled sky in a chute that sends them to a pit to be ground eternally between gears all to feed a stream of blood to the devil.

We are planning a release on October 25th, with wishlists available now if you are interested : https://store.steampowered.com/app/1938690/DEVIL_DEVOUR_ALIVE_DX/

Our two person team has been developing this commercial version of the game from our Ludum Dare 46 game jam submission. https://ldjam.com/events/ludum-dare/46/Devil-Devour-Alive  We developed the game in unreal engine and used blueprinting for the code. It's been a lot of work but I'm really proud of the progress. We have tested a very early build of our game on an arcade cabinet with a vertical CRT but don't have access to do that at the moment. If anyone has a vertical screen cabinet with the ability to play computer games we'd love to have them try our game !

Here are the features of our game:
    ARCADE STYLE PICK UP AND PLAY ACTION
    LO-FI RETRO INSPIRED 1990s AESTHETIC (32-bit era)
    "TATE" MODE GAMEPLAY (VERTICAL/PORTRAIT)
    ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK BY MERCURIUS FM (SPOOKY SYNTHWAVE)
    KEYBOARD AND CONTROLLER SUPPORT
    DRM FREE
    WEEKLY CHALLENGES
    100 UNLOCKABLE SINNER PORTRAITS
    ONLINE LEADERBOARD / HIGH SCORES (TRY TO BE THE BEST!)
    PROCEDURAL GENERATED GAMEPLAY (UNLIMITED REPLAY VALUE)
    60 FPS ARCADE QUALITY PERFORMANCE (on most hardware)
    FULL COLOR DIGITAL MANUAL (PDF)
    WALLPAPER PACK (bonus item in game data)

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

Edited by virtuaworlds - 26 Oct 2022 at 5:35am
virtuaworlds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote virtuaworlds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2022 at 1:47am
Here is a preview of our spooky real time intro in a few gifs.

Edited by virtuaworlds - 09 Sep 2022 at 1:51am
digweed View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote digweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2022 at 9:16am
Good luck in your adventures - will check it out on steam
Wanted: Space
Retroman839 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Retroman839 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2022 at 9:37am
But much before I eat my cornflakes
But yeh good work

You could introduce a way of killing the devil
By dropping good souls into his mouth
To add extra play dynamic

Edited by Retroman839 - 10 Sep 2022 at 10:10am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Retroman839 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2022 at 9:39am
But much before I eat my cornflakes
But yeh good work

I guess the ones that get away walk for ever in damnation

Fallen angels could be like bombs to blow Up
The devil..

So eventually sending him back down another level.
AIM is to take back to the seventh level of hell!

So introduce power ups as fallen angels ( the good people ) these hurt him the devil
So decreasing his power in the level.

For extra play dynamic

Anamation looks a little fast
Play looks a little fast

Edited by Retroman839 - 10 Sep 2022 at 10:22am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote virtuaworlds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2022 at 2:12pm
Thank you for your comments.

Retroman839, you have the story down . It is a simple single screen game and your goal is to feed the devil, when you miss the sinners the thirsty devil has less to drink.

The fallen angels act as a stage bomb and explode all falling angels.

The animations are a bit fast in the gifs .

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Retroman839 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2022 at 2:25pm
Any tasks ?
Chains?
Multiple ways to hurt the devil ? ( or am I on the wrong side here ?)
Mid level Events featuring nice graphical & animation
Dynamic play ?

Edited by Retroman839 - 10 Sep 2022 at 2:26pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote virtuaworlds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2022 at 12:04am
There are some weekly challenges. Also collectibles you can obtain that unlock portraits of sinners.

The game does have a chain counter that boosts your score.

You are trying to help the devil drink the blood of the sinners!

The sky changes colour over time and there is a stage bomb which is the fallen angel

Edited by virtuaworlds - 13 Sep 2022 at 12:05am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote virtuaworlds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2022 at 6:41am
We've made a few gifs to describe our gameplay and each section of your screen.

The Player moves the chute collecting the bodies of sinners as they fall from the hellish sky. There is impact, blood and corpses being flung off screen by the force of the chute.

Sinners are crushed for eternity. Their bodies mangled between gears as they dirty the walls with the paint of fresh blood.

The unquenchable devil gasps for sustenance, sinners are missed and flames ignite until the red stream disappears leaving the blood-thirsty devil dry.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote virtuaworlds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2022 at 1:35am
Hi again guys,
I made a a few changes to my game visually. The whole middle section is brought forward so it is easier to see the sinners being ground between the gears. Also more blood decals spawn coming towards the camera to make it a bit bloodier.

DEVIL DEVOUR ALIVE DX, will also be launching with a Halloween event for Steam's Scream Fest on October 25th. 

If anyone has a cabinet that can run steam games and has input already set up, I'd love to have you try it out and take some pictures, I don't have a way to test with arcade sticks. Let me know and I'll send you a key.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote virtuaworlds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2022 at 4:36pm
Players still want 90s style instruction manuals right?

We've had an awesome amount of positive feedback on a few sample pages from our 90s style Instruction Manual so we thought we'd share them here too.

The manual will be included in the game files, along with a readme and wallpaper pack.

DEVIL DEVOUR ALIVE DX 's release date is only 3 days away! Wishlist to be kept in the loop and support our release!

Edited by virtuaworlds - 22 Oct 2022 at 4:36pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote virtuaworlds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2022 at 4:59am

The day of the Beast is finally here! DEVIL DEVOUR ALIVE DX is OUT NOW and available to purchase on Steam! 

There is a launch discount of 25% as well as a Halloween Event going on for Steam Scream Fest.
The Original Soundtrack is available on Steam too.

Thank you guys for allowing me to post here and your support !

See you in Hell

Edited by virtuaworlds - 26 Oct 2022 at 5:17am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote virtuaworlds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2022 at 7:12am

Hi again! 

There have been a few updates since I released Devil Devour Alive DX  on Steam in October.  http://store.steampowered.com/app/1938690/DEVIL_DEVOUR_ALIVE_DX/

- Improved visibility of falling sinners by adding an outline

- Graphical changes to Halloween event for visibility

- Fixed bug for achievement tracking

- Fixed scaling for automatic tate mode on vertical oriented screens

- Graphical changes to seasonal events in the real time introduction scene cinematic

- Increased Gamma level maximum to level 3

We also have a Holiday Event going on now in-game for all of December.

I would love to see Devil Devour Alive DX being played on a beautiful vertical cabinet.  If anyone with one wants to try it out, I'd be happy to send them a key for some photos or video I can use on social media. 

Also we need a few more reviews to reach the 10 paid review barrier steam has for new games, if anyone would like to help our two person indie dev team we'd be forever grateful! 

Thanks again for your support.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic