Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Artwork and Restorations
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Dino King to Candy MVS Custom

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Escape-to-88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dino King to Candy MVS Custom
    Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 7:19pm
Pretty much all done - printed bezel arrived from Olly today :) Thanks again to all listed below! 

FINAL:

Almost there now! Massive cheers to Muddy, Flinnster, AeroFlott, Big10p, Zipper, 2Huwman and anyone who I forgot for the help. Just got to get the bezel printed from Olly, as that's a Kall Kwik job :D I redrew all the Neo Candy artwork to fit in with my design and robbed the bits I liked best off of a range of MVS cabinets.

With an amazing level of help of the ever-awesome Flinnster, cleaned, stripped and prepared my small Candy picked up from MuddyMusic (many thanks!)  for JAMMA.
 Just have to wire the mains in, the sound and set-up the hacked Pi2Jamma, along with the CP and finalise the artwork. :) 

Edited by Escape-to-88 - 26 Jun 2018 at 7:18pm
Flinnster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 10:11pm
Thumbs Up Wink

Wanted: - PCBs: Rainbow Islands, Rolling Thunder, Original Wonderboy PCB
- Parts needed: Naomi non-swivel castor / wheel, coin mech metal clip for Dino King Door
Escape-to-88 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Escape-to-88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 8:15pm
Updated. Nearly there! 
mozie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mozie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 8:20pm
Love the control panel.. really nice! Thumbs Up
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Escape-to-88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by mozie mozie wrote:

Love the control panel.. really nice! Thumbs Up

Thanks mate. Enjoyed designing that, as loved the 80s vibe to the small Neo Candy stuff.
Brettster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brettster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 8:35pm
Looks very nice
Liking the white theme
Looking for More Space!!
JonTron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonTron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 8:45pm
Looks like it just came off the factory floor like that, great job! Theme fits the cab so well.
I can imagine a Neo-Geo red version of this for some reason.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Escape-to-88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 9:12pm
Cheers chaps. I think the aesthetics of the Neo stuff is ace, even if one weren't to run Neo gear on it. Need to design something for my hot-swappable two-player panel but can't quite come up with anything I like. Even a variation of the above looks a little cluttered. 
JonTron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonTron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 9:38pm
Think it would get a little cramped on that cab with 2 players. There was a 2-player setup with 2 of these Dino Cabs at Revival a few weeks ago. The 2 were linked so had their own panel. That would be good for this. And the other one could be red...just sayin..

Edited by JonTron - 09 Jun 2018 at 9:39pm
Flinnster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 9:44pm
Quite keen to see how the CPO went on that metal panel, as I know what lies underneath.

Don't believe the naysayers on the 2 player 2L8B panels. For us non-giants who use deodorant these little cabs work well with 2 player CPs Wink

My player 1 steel panel on the linkup set from Revival came back rusty!
Yep genuine Walsall public sweat right there! So much so, it rusted!
Teaches me for saying 'sod it' and taking them with the steampunk look I suppose.

Next year, CPOs.. maybe LOL

Edited by Flinnster - 09 Jun 2018 at 9:46pm

- Parts needed: Naomi non-swivel castor / wheel, coin mech metal clip for Dino King Door
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Escape-to-88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by Flinnster Flinnster wrote:

Quite keen to see how the CPO went on that metal panel, as I know what lies underneath.

Don't believe the naysayers on the 2 player 2L8B panels. For us non-giants who use deodorant these little cabs work well with 2 player CPs Wink

My player 1 steel panel on the linkup set from Revival came back rusty!
Yep genuine Walsall public sweat right there! So much so, it rusted!
Teaches me for saying 'sod it' and taking them with the steampunk look I suppose.

Next year, CPOs.. maybe LOL

The CPO from Olly was surprisingly adjustable given I put it on dry. There were a few minor lumps despite cleaning the steel again, but nothing that I can notice now. 

I remember seeing you panel the other week :D I guess you could nickelplate before the art just to be sure? Although nickel is corrosion resistant, not entirely rust proof! 

And yeah you can get two on here. I think Dave and I have only ever done linkup, especially seeing as I'm somewhat broad! But I might wire the panel in tomorrow to see how it holds up with two! 

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Escape-to-88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 7:19pm
All complete, with printed bezel fresh from muddymusic :)
Beaps View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Beaps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 9:24pm
WOW Looks lovely well done mate. You gonna cut the plastic behind the mini marquees and fit some LEDs?

Edited by Beaps - 26 Jun 2018 at 9:26pm
You need a CoinOps 8 Xbox Console or Uber Wii Console , ready to go, drop me a PM.
(.Y.)
Flinnster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 10:04pm
Turned out pretty good that!
Marquee lighting next then!

(yep you can punch me next time you see me TongueWink)

kidyamlo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kidyamlo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 10:35pm
Beautiful
Just scoping your civilian wardrobe
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic