ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Artwork and Restorations
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Dino Kings Restore / Conversion Log

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 11:45pm
I have the ones above for the full bezel area.

For my custom prints using the existing Sega bezels, I made the following:

uploads/3498/dino-template-full.zip

Wanted: Outrun DLX cab, Rainbow Islands, Rolling Thunder, Original Wonderboy PCBs.
- Parts needed: Naomi wheels, coin mech metal clip for Dino King Door
deanzor View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deanzor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by Zipper Zipper wrote:

http://www.ukvac.com/forum/sega-dino-mushi-king-love-berry-artwork-template_topic342086.html

I used these for mine. MuddyM kindly scanned and posted.

Does anyone have a copy of the CP template? The ones at the URL linked don't seem to be there any more. Thanks.

Flinnster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 10:23pm

Wanted: Outrun DLX cab, Rainbow Islands, Rolling Thunder, Original Wonderboy PCBs.
Flinnster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 10:27pm
CAD file for 1 player 6 button panel:

uploads/3498/2L6B.zip

deanzor View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deanzor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 10:56pm
Legend, thank you!
qjuk View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qjuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2018 at 12:34am
Originally posted by Flinnster Flinnster wrote:

Flinnster, I’m currently putting in wiring for Dino Jamma cab and thought it might be an idea to use the same wiring layout from your photo for the control panel. The idea is to eventually have a few different panels I can swop out so need to keep to the same layout standard on them all.

Can I ask if your pin layout diagram is viewed from the front of the plug or from the rear where the wires come out?

Thanks
Flinnster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2018 at 12:51am
Nice one for adopting the Flinnster Dino Wiring Standard! LOL

Yep so my wiring diagram is for the plug that's connected to your control panel buttons + stick, when viewed from the front of the cabinet looking inwards as if you are about to plug it straight in.

I use standard wiring colours, so you can see ground at the bottom left here (black), and then the joystick colours for player 1 up / down / left / right going across the top row there (red, orange, yellow, green):

So yes, when wiring the loom side on the JST socket that sits in the metal strip under the control panel, everything will be mirrored left to right of course. I find it's best to wire a single joystick first from the control panel plug side, then do the jamma loom side for the socket, and give that a test.
If all is good, proceed to the buttons. And then continue to do the same for player 2, if you have a 2L12B panel Thumbs Up

Edited by Flinnster - 01 Oct 2018 at 12:55am

qjuk View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qjuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2018 at 8:09pm
Many thanks for that Flinnster

Initially, I’ll be wiring up a 2L6B panel and was thinking of wiring my connector as your 2 player, 4 button Neo Geo layout with the (not required for my 2L6B panel) P1 BUT4 wire going to pin 25 on the Jamma connector and P2 BUT4 to pin c. I would probably leave P1 BUT5 and P1 BUT6 blank.

I was thinking of keeping the existing Dino 8 pin connector as well and using it as a possible kick harness and leave the GND and 5v wiring in the original position. That way it could power a spinner/trackerball if needed. The other 6 pins could be used for Player buttons 4-6 wired to a separate JST connector near the Jamma connector for ease of access should I need the additional buttons in future.

What do you think? Have I got every base covered?
Flinnster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 12:46am
Yep, I'm doing a rotary stick control panel soon. The currently empty middle JST connector holes will be how I connect up the rotary ribbon headers.... if I have enough pins! Big smile

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic