Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > General Arcade Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

DIY Starwars 1up cockpit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brettster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DIY Starwars 1up cockpit
    Posted: 23 May 2020 at 5:54pm
Terrible puns but quite a nice easy build for all those in desperate need of a Starwars cockpit cab
could be done with handtools

Looking for More Space!!
bbz149 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbz149 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 7:04pm
Thats really cool! Thumbs Up Enjoyed the Video of the build Big smile
davwallace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davwallace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 7:33pm
I can't see why Acade1Up didn't just make that and double or even triple the price tag, I reckon it would have sold lots more instead of the attempt at the sitdown version they did make
Shun View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 8:00pm
Love the Retro Recipes channel. Definitely worth subscribing to.  
DaveR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 8:34pm
Yep indeed.... also Arcade Jason been up to something similar 

Edited by DaveR - 23 May 2020 at 8:34pm
strykr View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strykr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by davwallace davwallace wrote:

I can't see why Acade1Up didn't just make that and double or even triple the price tag, I reckon it would have sold lots more instead of the attempt at the sitdown version they did make

I often think that, with the world salivating over retro, why they dont do a proper full size version for all these games. could be to order, just needs bigger sheets of melamine and make the graphics bigger. 
Wanted - Electrocoin Wheels Runner Cabinet http://tinyurl.com/oq6dkau
Check out my 80s Synthwave Music :)   https://247retro.bandcamp.com/album/naeon
big10p View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 8:55pm
There's a few reasons I can think of why they keep them small:

- They're for kids (mostly)
- The flatpacks need to small and light enough to pick up in-store and throw in the back of a car
- More house friendly
JonTron View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonTron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 9:05pm
I remember hearing somewhere that the 1up people aquired the license to replicate the arcade cabinets at certain scale. They only planned on making very small cabinets like table top ornaments. When they looked closer at the details of the license they found that it included upto the scale that we see them build now. So half scale or whatever it is. They created the idea of the risers to make sure they were not going over the scale of the license agreement as these are not part of the cabinet.

Edited by JonTron - 23 May 2020 at 9:06pm
JT's Arcade
Current Projects:
Namco Pole Position Cockpit
Nichibutsu Moon Alien Upright
Fix-it Felix jr Build
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic