FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Do you want a custom title?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Senior Members
Senior Members
Who loves you, and who do you love?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do you want a custom title?
    Posted: 02 Feb 2011 at 7:28pm
Hiya. I've just realised that the only custom titles going around are generally ones I've set whilst being mischievous Tongue.

If anybody would like a custom title of their own, please PM me or add to this thread and I'll set it up for you. Can't think of any limits, other than it's about 40-50 characters, and as Andyman's title says, swearing is for cool kids Wink. I reserve the right to modify your request into something rude or funny if I've had enough sleep to think of something good!

cheers
tim
Dan_k View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Moderator kiss of death merchant!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan_k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2011 at 9:20pm
Ive just noticed ive got one that i didn't ask for.

It can't be true anyway because you appear to still be hereWink
trm View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2011 at 9:23pm
Big smile Big smile Big smile Big smile Big smile Big smile Big smile Big smile Big smile Big smile Big smile Big smile Big smile Big smile Big smile Big smile Big smile Big smile Big smile Big smile Big smile Big smile Big smile Big smile Big smile Big smile Big smile Big smile Big smile Big smile 

You should be honoured that you got a non-requested custom title. I only give them out to the VERY special people. Very special ;)

Talking of special people, I believe I swapped email addresses with Pingu some time ago so hopefully he'll come and join us.
Dan_k View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Moderator kiss of death merchant!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan_k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2011 at 9:32pm
I feel honouredBig smile.

The site seems to be taking shape now, have you got many other people to contact and join the fun?
trm View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2011 at 9:44pm
Hehehe - so you should!

Glad to see you recognise the site is getting busier. We've got a steady stream of new members - some old UKVACers who've come back since the resurrection, some completely new to arcade collecting and some who are splitting their time between the various sites.

We know the site looks a bit grody and old fashioned, so we're going to move to a Cloud-based Minority Report setup (but don't tell anybody, it's very hush-hush). All new members will get a Kinect on joining and a HD projector so they'll be able to use the site in gigapixel resolution, flicking threads around, and then go back to their games in 240x200 resolution Wink 

We're looking into various bank robbing opportunities to raise the £1.25M required for this after our Nigerian 419 emails failed to turn a profit, but we're sure it'll be sorted soon - btw if anybody fancies volunteering to be the patsy who serves the 30 year sentence then please reply via PM.

It's going to be ace!
andyman View Drop Down
always pull away from your face

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2011 at 10:38pm
Oiks, I got a title and a sig without asking, how spesh am I Approve

Don't want a Kinect Tim, can I have something else please.

Andy.
"The person you were referring to is a short, shotgun wielding nutter with a vindictive streak 3 miles long. And a Star Wars cockpit "
trm View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2011 at 8:48pm
Dude, you're as "spesh" as they come! The option for those who don't want a Kinect is an empty Kinect box Tongue
guddler View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Busting vectors like it's 1982!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2011 at 11:05pm
I'm genuinely looking forward to the day I can flick the screen about ALA Minority report. Properly. Until that day comes you can all keep yer kinect's and your (supposedly) 3D telly's.

If Princess Leia isn't hoverring an inch above my coffee table then it ain't 3D
Jodo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
It's Tachikoma Time!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jodo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 6:35pm
Timmy!!

Please can I have "Space Harrier World Record Holder!" as my sig? Please? Hug

trm View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 9:12pm
Hehehehe. For hunting down the image you get 10 timmyyyyyyyyyy! points alone. Although, you then lose 11 points for being too lazy to set your own sig ;)

Are you actually the SH world record holder? I've lost track of who was beating who ever since I stopped being a member of J. If so congrats! and let me know and I'll award you a very special title Wink
trm View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by guddler guddler wrote:

If Princess Leia isn't hoverring an inch above my coffee table then it ain't 3D

When we get proper 3D, I want some nice hi-def image and not a sodding flickering blue fuzzy image Tongue.

I think I might have to force you to try Kinect (assuming you haven't already). The tech is awesome, and it's only let down by the launch titles. I get the impression that the 2.5 party and 3rd party devs were unsure whether it'd catch on so nobody has committed much to it other than Microsoft, but I think the Xmas sales figures were good enough for companies to really start thinking about Kinect integration as a core design feature and not just a bolt-on. At least I hope so, being the owner of said item Smile
andyman View Drop Down
always pull away from your face

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by Timmy Timmy wrote:

When we get proper 3D, I want some nice hi-def image and not a sodding flickering blue fuzzy image Tongue

Isn't that the kind of thing Lucas did in the 'Special editions', improvements ?

Andy.
"The person you were referring to is a short, shotgun wielding nutter with a vindictive streak 3 miles long. And a Star Wars cockpit "
Jodo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
It's Tachikoma Time!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jodo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by trmatthe trmatthe wrote:

Are you actually the SH world record holder? I've lost track of who was beating who ever since I stopped being a member of J. If so congrats! and let me know and I'll award you a very special title Wink

Aye, tis me matey Smile

Phil.
DanP View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Whipcracker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 10:20pm
Wow, not only did you beat the world record you pulverised it!   Congrats matey, have you got more in the bank or is that the max you think you can go to?

Dan
Jodo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
It's Tachikoma Time!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jodo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by DanP DanP wrote:

Wow, not only did you beat the world record you pulverised it!   Congrats matey, have you got more in the bank or is that the max you think you can go to?

Dan

Thanks dude Smile

I've had a little higher, not impressively so and not on camera. I think it could be pushed a couple of K more and not necessarily by me. There is a way to die at the end of level 17 that 'resets' the speed of the boss' fireballs back to their original speed, thus enabling the player to stay alive for longer and take even more advantage of the exploit. I just cannot replicate it (yet) but but I am 99% certain it exists after it happened to me by accident.

I tend to take a few months off playing Harrier after a record attempt (failed or otherwise) because after playing virtually non-stop on your favourite game and getting stressed / getting up early just to play, well, I don't want to 'spoil' my love of it LOL If you get me...
trm View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 11:17pm
So how do you like the new title? I had a better one "42,348,290 times better at Space Harrier than you!" but it wouldn't fit in the box :(
Jodo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
It's Tachikoma Time!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jodo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 11:29pm
Oh yeah!! LOL Thumbs Up love it....coincidentally I'm wearing this T-Shirt as I type this Big smile:

Alpha1 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Do the Shake and 'VAC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alpha1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 9:49pm
Can I have Bootleg King
Wanted: Time Traveller, GALAXIAN 3 THEATER, 80's Namco & Taito games

DaveSpicer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Can program FPGAs by staring at them

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveSpicer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 11:26pm
When did mine appear?  I only noticed it a couple of days back.

I'm picturing the mods dreaming these up while surrounded by empty beer bottles.  LOL

DanP View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Whipcracker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 10:10am
Originally posted by davespicer davespicer wrote:

When did mine appear?  I only noticed it a couple of days back.I'm picturing the mods dreaming these up while surrounded by empty beer bottles.  LOL

Probably not too far from the truth there, except there is one serial offender amongst the mods...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic