Forum Home Forum Home > Pinball > Technical
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Dreamcast VGA to New Astro City

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friedgoat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dreamcast VGA to New Astro City
    Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 9:59pm
So i've been looking at these 15khz mods and none of the boxes look like the VGA one I have. 
What would happen if I took the RGB, Vsync and H Sync directly from the wires from the dreamcast (as they are labeled in the VGA box) and soldered to a jamma biscuit?

I think this box has a 15khz switch built in (between 31 (PC) and 15(TV)) ?
How am I supposed to do this?

pics

SUPERSPRINT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SUPERSPRINT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 10:17pm
The Dreamcast natively outputs 15kz and 31khz.
Depending on which cable you use, will make use of RGB or the VGA signal. I would try and use a scart lead and find which pins are RGB and sync and ground and splice them onto the 15kz monitor. You may need an amp.
Friedgoat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friedgoat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 10:49pm
I just realised that I posted this in the pinball section. I wanted to use the VGA box to avoid the extra circuit you need to make from using a scart (apparently the vertical and horizontal sync are combined with a video output which you need to strip) I also have a nanao monitor (MS9) which could have issues?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic