Elite: Dangerous - Post Your User

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Busting vectors like it's 1982!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote guddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Elite: Dangerous - Post Your User
    Posted: 03 Aug 2014 at 1:04am
Not 100% how the in-game grouping and so on works yet - as in don't know if you play together to achieve goals or against each other or what but would be nice to do some group stuff if we can. Private grouping is in the game right now, I just haven't tried it yet.

Commander Guddler (surprise, surprise).

What's yours??
guddler View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2014 at 2:05pm
OK, Tidied the thread up. This is not a thread for people that don't have access to the current beta phase of the game, or to express dislike at the games charging model. However, if you DO have access to the game, please feel free to participate.

As previously mentioned, if you have already purchased the game and wish to upgrade that purchase to one that includes beta access, it will cost you £15 - discount applied at checkout. Yes, that's a questionable business model but if you check out the ED forums you will find why they did that and I actually agree with it.

derezz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote derezz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2014 at 7:56am
I went for the premium beta in the end, as you receive all the updates/expansion as they release them. Haven't had much time to get my teeth into the game properly, but I'm glad the recent reset happened. Was getting fed up with peeps in anacondas camping the stations :)
Paul_S View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2014 at 4:58pm
I am awaiting my Rift DK2 before buying the beta access Clap
guddler View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2014 at 12:40am
Oh, very cool

Only thing i'd be concerned about with that is not being able to see the keyboard. But then there's always Voice Attack for the few commands you don't have joystick buttons for.

I'm seriously considering a 34" 21:9 PC monitor as my next upgrade but it will have to wait a while for finances. Especially given my machines aren't selling
river9999uk View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote river9999uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2014 at 9:51pm
I'm playing...just got to remember my stupid cmdr backer #.....

BACKER #31946

Cant work out how to change my name ??!!??!!

I've also set up a group (so you can all play on the same server) with the same name so feel free to ask to join!

Edited by river9999uk - 10 Aug 2014 at 10:03pm
smeghead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smeghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2014 at 3:33pm
I tried Commander Smeghead once the naming was active, but they refused it! grrr, so I had to change it.

Commander Cillet Bang

I'm not on the Beta... I'm waiting for the actual release before I even try it out.

you can change your Commander name here:

guddler View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2014 at 8:13pm
Have to confess, I'm finding it pretty dull at the moment, not to mention very buggy. But hey, Beta 2 is just round the corner and that's looking like it's going to be rather awesome
iamjimmi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamjimmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2014 at 7:52pm
Only just noticed this thread...

I don't keep up with modern games, so didn't even know that this was in the pipeline, but that trailer brought back some memories!

Fingers crossed the game does justice to its heritage...

Edited by iamjimmi - 06 Nov 2014 at 7:52pm
Urgentemente View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urgentemente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2015 at 1:17am
Backed it but barely had a chance to play the beta before xmas,
enjoying it so far, aside from the odd no-bounty bug.
Played original back in the 80's on the Speccy.

Cmdr Saunderson ..
Currently still fairly near to my starting system, LHS 3447 , Kremainn etc etc
Bumped into a Competent Wanted NPC in an Eagle earlier tonight..... called..... Tony Doyle :)

ZedEx48K View Drop Down

8-Bit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZedEx48K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2015 at 11:35am
Picked this up yesterday, partly just so I could play with the headtracking I set up LOL

Pilot name is the same as here ZedEx48K, good thing is that co-op should be here in a month or 2 making meet ups worthwhile.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urgentemente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2015 at 11:44am
Yeh, the "Wings" update sounds like it should be fun, group attacks  on targets etc.

AnDyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnDyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2015 at 1:51pm
Anyone still playing this? I just picked up a copy for a tenner. Cmdr Conn0rs
アンディック జ్ఞా

guddler View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2015 at 5:09pm
Oi oi Mr C.

I keep thinking I should go back to it. Especially since I have the lifetime expansion pass. I played it a lot when it was beta and by the time it came out I was bored and had moved on. Lesson learnt, don't play betas
tronads View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tronads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2015 at 7:08pm
I bought this about 2 months ago, installed it, switched it off, and have never come back to it.
I really need to make more of an effort to give it a go !

AnDyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AnDyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2015 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by guddler guddler wrote:

Oi oi Mr C.

I keep thinking I should go back to it. Especially since I have the lifetime expansion pass. I played it a lot when it was beta and by the time it came out I was bored and had moved on. Lesson learnt, don't play betas

Oioi guddlar

Im just waiting for a new flight stick to arrive before i can get into it properly, id say the game has a steep learning curve but its more fooking vertical :)
アンディック జ్ఞా

abaxas View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abaxas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2015 at 10:17pm
I'd just stick with keyboard/mouse for a bit until you climb the inital eiger north face learning curve.

You don't need a flight stick to trade or be picked off by bounty hunters.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urgentemente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 1:01am
I've been getting back into this over the last week or so, slowly upgrading my Viper , mostly just bounty hunting or kill the pirate missions from the bulletin boards.

subzero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subzero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 6:44am
Originally posted by AnDyC AnDyC wrote:

Anyone still playing this? I just picked up a copy for a tenner. Cmdr Conn0rs

a tenner??? is it still available at this ridiculously low price???
JohnBud View Drop Down
There's only one JB, only one JB!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnBud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 10:15am
is this on the xbox 360 too ???
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic