ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Artwork and Restorations
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Enduro Racer Project - Dorset

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Sciddleybop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sciddleybop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 3:02pm
Loving this thread. I must admit, this and buggy boy were my two fave games in the 80’s. I saw this on eBay but chickened out!! You’re doing a fine job. Good luck with it.
muddymusic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Repro Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 9:26am

You're in luck with the instruction decal, it's been vectored and can be downloaded below
http://vectorlib.free.fr/EnduroRacer/

Repro Arcade Artwork supplier, pm me or visit arcadeartshop.com
blazerfrazer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blazerfrazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 9:52am
Originally posted by muddymusic muddymusic wrote:

You're in luck with the instruction decal, it's been vectored and can be downloaded below

Wow this is cool, did you do this ? can you print me one? ill send you a message.
Thanks
Wanted Zenitone Deal Em
Electrocoin Diamond derby
Electrocoin Random replay
Shun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 10:36am
That instruction card is cool. Do you have to wear a helmet and race overalls when playing the game
muddymusic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Repro Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 11:37am
Originally posted by blazerfrazer blazerfrazer wrote:

Originally posted by muddymusic muddymusic wrote:

Wow this is cool, did you do this ? can you print me one? ill send you a message.
Thanks

It's not my work, but I can certainly print one up for you die-cut to the original shape.
Repro Arcade Artwork supplier, pm me or visit arcadeartshop.com
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blazerfrazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 11:56am
I have been doing some welding. The cover plate needed lots of bending and straightening out to make it fit the steering box, wanted to make sure it all fitted nicely together and flush with the machine before i got it grit blasted and powder coated, It was finished last night and collected this morning along with the PCBs to go to the clinic.

I’ve taped all the external threads and important shafts and screwed sacrificial bolts into all the threaded holes to save them from the blaster.

Edited by blazerfrazer - 13 Nov 2017 at 12:07pm
Wanted Zenitone Deal Em
John Bennett View Drop Down

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 12:11pm
Nice!

Was just thinking - the instruction plate tells you it's got a push button jump (via grey paint), but the original plate says to grip the handle to jump. That implies something's been bodged in the past (sorry if this has already been mentioned somewhere in the thread).
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blazerfrazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 1:37pm
Yes the operator just fitted a cheap button to the left side of the bars rather than fixing the broken pot inside, you can see the button in the early pictures.
Wanted Zenitone Deal Em
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blazerfrazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 1:42pm
Shot in the dark here ,does any one know a friendly arcade enthusiast in the states who would be willing to buy this on my behalf ( funds sent over first)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Handlebar-controller-for-Sega-ENDURO-RACER-motorcycle-racing-arcade-game/171571636299?hash=item27f277684b:g:VMAAAMXQsmFReJOj

Strip it down, ditch most of it and send me the rest, don't need the bars themselves or the heavy box.
Im short of a few hard to find bits, after posting above about the button, i realise that the pot and the important pinion is missing so i am gonna be stuck. ill have to have a crappy jump button too!

Wanted Zenitone Deal Em
Shun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 2:07pm
Frazer, give Arcade Boneyard a try. They might have the specific bits that you are after.
2huwman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2huwman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 2:17pm
Or Breaking Dad on jamma+ seems like a friendly American! I think he might have sorted postage for other people in the past.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blazerfrazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 2:21pm
Ok chaps, ill give them a try, thanks

ps i am having trouble identifying my monitor chassis so i can order a cap kit.
On google it looks like a NANAO MS7 but the boars says NANAO 5A00110C1

can anyone let me know, of course ill try Ian Kellogg for some Johns Arcade kits first!

Edited by blazerfrazer - 13 Nov 2017 at 3:24pm
Wanted Zenitone Deal Em
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blazerfrazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 4:42pm
Restoration Update!

Muddymusic is on the case and had already sorted the handlebar decal and the number 19 on the seat, hopefully he is going to make the yellow decal on the bezel too.

Mark Haysman from Retro Clinic is all over my board... WOW he sends me hourly updates and at the moment the main board is back in business but using his CPU board , he is going to try my CPU board later and switch the suicide processor. some of the wording from him below !

"the object section seems to only be requesting 2 of 8 addresses from the object ROMs"
"faults in the objects post render, and in the background layers"

some of the pictures he has sent me:

You can imagine the last picture put a smile on my face!

Grit blasting - still waiting..

Monitor chassis - hoping someone can help clarify which one i have so i can order a kit ( above)

Parts to complete my handle bar setup -In the process of persuading Anthony from Quarter Arcade in the states to slim down a set he has and send me the bits i am missing like the cables and the pots inside. Buy the complete thing, but just have the light parts sent to me

Edited by blazerfrazer - 22 Nov 2017 at 4:03pm
Wanted Zenitone Deal Em
griffo83x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griffo83x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 4:48pm
Fantasic stuff , looks like that old cab found the right owner to do the  restorationThumbs Up

would love to play this again 
wanted video wizard/ Ec midi / similar jamma cab :)
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blazerfrazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 4:56pm
Your always welcome, give me a shout if you come down to Dorset, you can play my Sega Rally and Moon Cresta too! Robotgreg is a 4 minute walk from me, he has pinballs to blow your mind, he always welcomes like minded enthusiasts too. (have to check  obviously but he seems a great guy)
Wanted Zenitone Deal Em
K1ngarth3r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K1ngarth3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 4:59pm
I can’t believe how quickly you’re making progress with this! Defiantly went to the right new owner.
Del Griffith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del Griffith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 5:27pm
Super fast resto, I bet Mark is enjoying repairing the pcb as an enduro and not having to convert it to sh like most people prob want
Wanted street fighter 1 electrocoin cab
SUPERSPRINT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SUPERSPRINT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 6:55pm
Great restore thread, excellent work.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blazerfrazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 7:21pm

Look what just arrived! i guess ill be spraying black paint tonight, not sure what colour, black obviously but gloss or satin??, has to match the coin door which is gloss at the moment, I’m going to have the door blasted any way so i can choose either way, i do have lots more spray gloss hammerite but that shouldn’t dictate what i choose i know. Perhaps build it up with coats of gloss black then finish off the last coat with satin?...

Wanted Zenitone Deal Em
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blazerfrazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 7:29pm
Update from Mark at Retro Clinic, sound board is dead "real dead" in his words and he said he will continue tomorrow, he didn't mention that i had to get another one, perhaps just warning me it wont be a quick job and the cost may spiral up a bit.
Wanted Zenitone Deal Em
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
  Share Topic