ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Pinball > Meetings & Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Extra Life - 24 hour game-a-thon for charity!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Titchgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Extra Life - 24 hour game-a-thon for charity!
    Posted: 23 Jan 2022 at 7:59pm
Hey all!!

I have been working with a small group of guys lately to host a 24 hour event at Arcade Club, Bury.
This will be a charity event raising money for Cancer Research UK.

Obviously Cancer is one of those things that effects so many people, I believe up to 1 in 2 now which is simply terrible and we want to do our bit to help!

Tickets are £35 and all profits will go to charity!
You can buy tickets and official merchandise from Mana Merch (profits from merch also going to charity)

Extra Life – ManaMerch

This is happening on the 28th April and starting at 11am. Now this is a Thursday to Friday event which I know is not the best day for many but it will be worth booking a few days off work for, Not only will it be awesome but also its a bank holiday weekend so you will get the Sat, Sun and Monday to recover!!

I know you dont all have/use facebook but for those who do please join the group:
Extra Life - Video Gaming Event | Facebook

Also if you want to just donate to the cause please donate using the following just giving page, All donations go directly to Cancer Research UK.

Edited by Titchgamer - 07 Mar 2022 at 6:37pm
Alpha1 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Do the Shake and 'VAC

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alpha1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2022 at 8:16pm
How do we donate if we can't come
Wanted: Time Traveller, GALAXIAN 3 THEATER, 80's Namco & Taito games

Titchgamer View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Titchgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2022 at 9:14pm
I will be posting up a link for a Just Giving page in the coming weeks as well for those who want to support but cant make it :)
Alpha1 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Do the Shake and 'VAC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alpha1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2022 at 10:04pm
Awesome!
Wanted: Time Traveller, GALAXIAN 3 THEATER, 80's Namco & Taito games

User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Titchgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2022 at 5:54pm
Hey all!

The event is finally lifting off!

Tickets are now on sale along with some official event merch with all profits going to the Charity.

You can buy them from here:
Extra Life Event – ManaMerch

If you cant make it but would like to support the charity then you can donate to the Just giving page where all money goes direct to the charity :)

Extra Life - 24 Hour gameathon for Chairty | Cancer Research UK Giving Pages

I really hope some of you can make it for what is sure to be a epic 24 hours of gaming fun!

Edited by Titchgamer - 07 Mar 2022 at 6:42pm
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Titchgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2022 at 6:41pm
Tickets are still available guys so please get ya tickets and book a few days off for what is sure to be an amazing event and opportunity for a meet up!

Just as a note though as its been asked a few times you DO NOT need to stay for the full 24H
You are free to come and go as you please within the 24H so if you want to show up on the Thursday evening and just stay until the early hours thats totally fine!
We have one guest who is planing on getting there around 2AM on the Friday so really rock up when you dig it :D

This is all in aid of a real good cause so please support it if you can.

I have updated the original post with links to the ticket sales site as well as the just giving link if you would like to make a direct donation.

Thanks all and hope to see you there :D

_Matt_ View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Matt_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2022 at 9:32pm
Good stuff, I hope it goes well and everyone has a great time.
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Titchgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2022 at 6:46am
Cheers Matt, We are hoping its going to be epic and raise a ton of cash for a good cause :)
funk View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote funk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2022 at 1:13pm
Having lost someone recently to cancer I'd be all over this but I'm already booked out. 

Will be supporting though as soon as payday rolls around. 

Edited by funk - 08 Mar 2022 at 1:16pm
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Titchgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2022 at 6:38pm
Sorry I have been quiet on here guys, Been busy on the old social medias!

Its getting close now so it would be great to see some of you there if you can make it and raise some money for a Charity that is currently supporting one of our own!

So other than a meet and 24 hour blast at AC here is what else you can Expect.

1) A lightgun competition with the Prize of a brand new Sinden Lightgun
2) A Fighter comp with a Mortal Kombat Figurine up for grabs to the winner
3) A daytona racing challenge with a Daytona Cup for the winner
4) A puzzle fighter comp with a funky Tetris prize
5) A raffle on the day with some cool retro prizes as well as other bits n bobs.

The bar will also be open for extended hours!

Hope to see you there!

User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Titchgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2022 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by funk funk wrote:

Having lost someone recently to cancer I'd be all over this but I'm already booked out. 

Will be supporting though as soon as payday rolls around. 

Sorry for your loss funk, It really is a horrible thing that needs eradicating.
Thank you for the support :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic