ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Tech, Maintenance & Repairs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Fixing a Mortal Kombat 2 Pcb

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj_yt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 1:09pm
Solid write-up and a satisfying result! Well done! 

Will you be playing the game for as long as you spent on the repair? LOL
Wanted: More Faulty Sega PCBs! :-D
myPinballs View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myPinballs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by dj_yt dj_yt wrote:

Solid write-up and a satisfying result! Well done! 

Will you be playing the game for as long as you spent on the repair? LOL

For me most of the enjoyment is about fixing the hardware and learning how to fix others, find out what the issue was so i can fix others. However this game is also one of my favourite games from the early 90s. This series of games came out along side many pinball games that are also favourites of mine and as the company was the same many quotes, voices, codes etc were put into games promoting others. arcade and or pinball.

MK2 in my view is the best of the series to. One of my favourite pinball games RFM has a whole mode dedicated to MK, Along with the FINISH HIM graphics and call outs.

So in short yes i will play this game and yes it will be put into the mypinballs hardware archive and kept to help fix other board sets in the future:)
http://mypinballs.co.uk
http://blog.mypinballs.com
dj_yt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj_yt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 4:05pm
Absolutely. I enjoy the tinkering / learning element as much as the nostalgic value of playing your favourite games from yesteryear, so I can totally relate. I view the hobby sometimes as like owning a classic car. You spend all week tinkering, and then take it for a short drive on a Sunday! Smile
Wanted: More Faulty Sega PCBs! :-D
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic