Forum Home Forum Home > Pinball > General Pinball Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Flasher help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flasher help
    Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 9:03pm
I seem to have no flashers working on my scared stiff pinball. Have tried the relevant fuses and all see ok. Bulbs test ok also.
Looked at the manual but can't seem to find anything else to check.
As none of them are working I guess one transistor could have failed but not all the ones that drive the flashers?

Any idea's where I can look?

Thanks
Steve
Hurray Banana View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurray Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 9:34pm
Have you checked the connectors on the flasher board in the back box steve, could have become unseated and check the solder joints on the header pins on the board as well.
bonehead View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 9:40pm
Thanks for the reply. Checked those. Also checked tp2 and have 18v. Just checking wiring again but think I might be transistors or maybe one of the chips on pcb.
Spent ages on it tonight and it's driving me mad!!!!!

I must persist.
t-m View Drop Down

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t-m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 11:31pm
Funny that because the flashers on my SS have been driving me mad too!  

You'd be unlucky if all the drive transistors died so sounds more like a power fault.

LED104 should be on, TP104 should have +20v. Fuse F107 should be ok.

Also check the door interlock switch, none of this will work with the door open.  The switch could have gone bad and will cut the +20v.
bonehead View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 7:28am
Ok thanks I will check those test points again. Tried fuses again and sure the door switch is working.

Looks like we both have ss gremlins!!!!
t-m View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t-m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 11:15am
Good luck!

Well mine was a bit odd, all the flashers would work under test.  But in use they would only work for about an hour or so then the fuse would eventually blow.  I found some bad connections on the bulb holders so hopefully it's sorted now.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic