ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Forum Info > Suggestions / Bugs / Problems / Help!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

For Sale Section

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote r-type Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: For Sale Section
    Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 6:13pm
I hate to be the first to say it, but should we not perhaps be thinking of closing the For Sale/Wanted/Trades section down for a while due to the current climate?

I'm not sure plod would agree that buying and selling pcbs and cabinets is essential at the minute?

Cry

muddymusic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Repro Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 6:22pm
While heading to the Post Office is out, all the main couriers will collect from your house so I don't see it as an issue for now really. MyHermes do small parcel costs equvalent to Royal Mail too.

I book everything through Parcel2Go with the collect from me option.
Repro Arcade Artwork supplier, pm me or visit arcadeartshop.com
r-type View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote r-type Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 6:27pm
Fair enough, I don't want to see it happen, but thought others might think the same. Lots of FB selling groups are stopping for the time being.

Post Offices are still open by the way (apart from ours and the next nearest two for staff self isolation reasons).

I think the courier collect option is still a better bet for now mind.
Sbdesign View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sbdesign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 6:30pm
Buying now, picking up when we can is fine.
It can help money situations for those who need it, if they get paid upfront.
Sellers from abroad can go and post an item, and we are allowed to receive. 

Edited by Sbdesign - 24 Mar 2020 at 6:33pm
Primarily collecting 90's - 2000 Sega
Model 1 / 2 / 3 / Naomi
tin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 6:59pm
Yep, I'm of the same mind, think it should remain open.
qjuk View Drop Down

4 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

4 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qjuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 7:39pm
if anything, it might actually be the best time to post a wanted ad, especially with quite a few members stuck at home tinkering with their games, more chance of them spotting that part that they forgot they had and you need Smile
_Matt_ View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote _Matt_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 8:17pm
It may be worth thinking more carefully about who you buy from at the moment too. It's a good opportunity for somebody to take your money then use every excuse in the book alongside all the new excuses that will now be available to not send your item.
99.9% of members are fantastic and completely trustworthy, but there have been a couple in the past that have repeatedly messed people around so just thought it was worth mentioning.
Alpha1 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Do the Shake and 'VAC

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alpha1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 9:47pm
You bring up a valid point. We'll have a discussion and see if putting up a post for post only and taking other precautions.
Wanted: Time Traveller, GALAXIAN 3 THEATER, 80's Namco & Taito games

digweed View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 5:47pm
Oops just posted a for sale ad before reading this but like others say parcel2go are still up and running Embarrassed
Wanted: Space
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic