ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Trading Post > For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

FS Neo Geo Led Mini Marquee Kits

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leejsmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FS Neo Geo Led Mini Marquee Kits
    Posted: 01 Jul 2018 at 6:40pm
I am about to start selling the 2nd batch of my Led Mini Marquee Kits for Neo Geo 2 and 4 slot uprights, Big red, US style 6 slot and the Electrocoin 6 slot cabinets.

The kit comes with a control board that connects to the MVS and led mini marquee panels that replace the old EL panels. The kit replaces everything so will also work if you have nothing in the marquee just a backing light.

http://www.neogeoledmarquee.info/

I have sold over 20 of these kits so far and have refined the parts over time working with the guys at the neo geo forums.

Take a look at some of the install vids
6 slot electrocoin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsU03RMnzms

Big Red
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlNB-kY6gQw

A 4 slot kit that works with your existing ELA data cable would be £73 + shipping.
If you don't have the ELA data cable I can make a new one and also supply a 12v power extension for £20.

leejsmith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leejsmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 9:48pm

This is the control board connected to my 4 slot.

leejsmith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leejsmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 8:00pm
I have some pictures of completed kits.
This is a Big red kit that uses the old ELA cable.

and this is for a 4 slot upright that has nothing so it included the a new data cable and also a easy way to get 12v from the PSU.

Edited by leejsmith - 06 Jul 2018 at 8:02pm
leejsmith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leejsmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2018 at 5:35pm

this is a set for the eurocoin 6 slot.

NaokiS View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NaokiS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2018 at 8:37pm
Out of sheer technical curiosity, why does this use an MCU? When I made an EL driver for my friend for simple 5mm LED on off by the carts, it only needed 2 74 series ICs
leejsmith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leejsmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2018 at 10:04pm

I added PWM to each panel so the brightness can be adjusted.
My software has modes so you can test each panel works when installing.
a clone arduino nano  is very cheap and reliable.

NaokiS View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NaokiS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 7:51am
I guess it's no more cost to use one over logic these days so may aswell
leejsmith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leejsmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 9:51am
Same goes for creating my own design using the actual mega chip, crystal and power regulation instead of the nano v3, it costs more until you get to high qty.

Originally posted by NaokiS NaokiS wrote:

I guess it's no more cost to use one over logic these days so may aswell
leejsmith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leejsmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2018 at 10:05am
just giving this a refresh, I have enough for 15 x 4 slot kits at the moment so still plenty of stock.
StalkS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StalkS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2018 at 2:20pm
Really great work!! - They look awesome!  If hadn't spent a small fortune on custom made replacement ELA panels a year or two ago I would have bitten your hand off.  Just out of interest how much would an Electrocoin 6 panel kit be?

Cheers
leejsmith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leejsmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2018 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by StalkS StalkS wrote:

Really great work!! - They look awesome!  If hadn't spent a small fortune on custom made replacement ELA panels a year or two ago I would have bitten your hand off.  Just out of interest how much would an Electrocoin 6 panel kit be?

Cheers

if you have the oringinal ELA data cable from the MVS £99 plus post which is just small parcel in the uk. If you have those EL replacments that is quite a bit cheaper !
leejsmith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leejsmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2018 at 6:50pm
One of my customers just sent me his install video of my kit. It covers what to do if you do not have a backing board and just a strip light so it's very helpful and I really appreciate him taking the time to make this.

https://youtu.be/5LiblKNzjLM

Edited by leejsmith - 03 Sep 2018 at 6:53pm
leejsmith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leejsmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 12:01pm
This is how I make the PCB for the mini marquee kits.

https://youtu.be/IM_niTn8iwE
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic