ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Trading Post > For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

FS Universal Space Panic Upright [SOLD]

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RolyRetro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FS Universal Space Panic Upright [SOLD]
    Posted: 12 Apr 2017 at 1:28pm
Hi all,

Transferred in full from the valuations section, was looking for £250 now £200 as I need to move this on

This is the first machine up for sale from the recent eBay job lot, an original Universal Space Panic which appears to be complete, if requiring a bit of work to restore. It is the Electrocoin version officially launched in the U.K. I don't have the cabinet in hand yet but I do own and am hoping to offload before I have to collect and save on multiple deliveries. Currently residing in Leighton Buzzard.

The good bits:

All I know from a brief once-over is that the monitor, power brick and PCB are in place, and the PCB appears to be an original Universal Space Panic based on the picture I was able to take through the coin door (see below) - I found similar PCB's online that look identical. Internals appear un-hacked and unmolested. Marquee, control panel and bezel are intact and appear original.

The bad bits:

There is water damage to the chipboard at the top of the cabinet by the marquee where it has swelled and is crumbly - will need at least some clamps and some wood hardener to stabilise, but the rest of the cabinet appears solid. The sides also appear to be painted black, over the wood veneer. It was sold to me as part of a lot which is untested and has not been powered on for at least 15 years, so no claim can be made as to the state of the PCB or the monitor.

Cheers

Edited by RolyRetro - 21 Apr 2017 at 4:12pm
Star Wars UR/Outrun Mini/Streets Defender/Asteroids Deluxe & Moon Cresta CocktailS/Track & Field/Snow Bros/More projects than time
Twitter @retrogamesnow
muddymusic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Repro Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2017 at 7:27pm
That's going to be a beauty when it's had a bit of tlc. These really early Electrocoin cabs are getting very rare now.
Repro Arcade Artwork supplier, pm me or visit arcadeartshop.com
virtvic View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
Chizels 4 life!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote virtvic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2017 at 10:20pm
The one we found at the Aberdeen rescue fell to bits when we pulled it out of storage.

Poor thing...
THE PENCE IS MIGHTIER THAN THE SWORD!

Check out the podcast

http://tenpencearcade.co.uk
RolyRetro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RolyRetro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2017 at 8:15am
Originally posted by muddymusic muddymusic wrote:

That's going to be a beauty when it's had a bit of tlc. These really early Electrocoin cabs are getting very rare now.

I don't have the capacity right now, otherwise it would be going in storage awaiting renovation. Too many projects, too little space and time :(
Star Wars UR/Outrun Mini/Streets Defender/Asteroids Deluxe & Moon Cresta CocktailS/Track & Field/Snow Bros/More projects than time
Twitter @retrogamesnow
JESSYBR View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JESSYBR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2017 at 10:35pm
looks nice sadly in the uk and me in the netherlands

i have a working original pcbUnhappy

aeroflott View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
A different league

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeroflott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2017 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by virtvic virtvic wrote:

The one we found at the Aberdeen rescue fell to bits when we pulled it out of storage.

Poor thing...

https://missilecommand.files.wordpress.com/2016/08/28730196371_0be35014d7_z.jpg

(Edited to a link)

Edited by aeroflott - 14 Apr 2017 at 9:36am
virtvic View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
Chizels 4 life!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote virtvic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2017 at 7:37am
Sorry - it was an Alan. Same cab though.

RIP
THE PENCE IS MIGHTIER THAN THE SWORD!

Check out the podcast

http://tenpencearcade.co.uk
Alpha1 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Do the Shake and 'VAC

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alpha1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2017 at 8:58am
There were two that fell to bits. Can't remember what the other electrocoin universal was.
Wanted: Time Traveller, GALAXIAN 3 THEATER, 80's Namco & Taito games

Ronnie Dent View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronnie Dent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2017 at 9:21am
And the pinball
RolyRetro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RolyRetro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2017 at 9:21am
Reduced to £200, need to sell now as i don't have space for it!
Twitter @retrogamesnow
Bensonrad View Drop Down
STILL looking for an Outrun & Paperboy!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bensonrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2017 at 9:24am
That's an ace price, I am holding out for the cocktails though.  Surely someone will snap that up before the day is out.
Wanted: Super Pacman Bezel, Millipede Euro inner Bezel. Asteroids Cabaret Cab.
Always wanting Millipede/Paperboy/Super Pacman/Outrun/Taito 3 Layer Space Invader PCBs
jengineer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jengineer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2017 at 9:27am
a good scrub and some new T Molding and it will look ace!  Thumbs Up
ooooooh if I had the space (and the money) I'd have that...
RolyRetro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RolyRetro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2017 at 9:27am
Originally posted by Bensonrad Bensonrad wrote:

That's an ace price, I am holding out for the cocktails though.  Surely someone will snap that up before the day is out.

I hope so. If it wasn't for storage issues I would keep it myself!
Twitter @retrogamesnow
RolyRetro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RolyRetro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 2:21pm
Bump, last chance before eBay, Martin will be collecting next week so will be on the truck ready for a lucky buyer...
Twitter @retrogamesnow
RolyRetro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RolyRetro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 6:24pm
Sale pending, currently 2 people interested, will be on truck with Martin next week
Twitter @retrogamesnow
RolyRetro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RolyRetro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 4:12pm
Now sold at £200
Twitter @retrogamesnow
Bensonrad View Drop Down
STILL looking for an Outrun & Paperboy!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bensonrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 4:25pm
phew, I was getting very tempted :)
Wanted: Super Pacman Bezel, Millipede Euro inner Bezel. Asteroids Cabaret Cab.
Always wanting Millipede/Paperboy/Super Pacman/Outrun/Taito 3 Layer Space Invader PCBs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic