Forum Home Forum Home > Trading Post > Valuations
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

G05-805 14” monitor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: G05-805 14” monitor
    Posted: 14 May 2018 at 10:59pm
Found another g05-805 in a box tonight with a mint burn free screen. Looks almost new complete with hv and deflection pcb.
Untested at present.

What’s the value of working and not working?

Thanks
Always looking for a bargain.
Wanted. Centipede uprigh, bezerk, mad planets.
bonehead View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 11:07pm
Must be priceless if there’s no value!!!!!

Back into storage again.
aeroflott View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
A different league

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeroflott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 11:14pm
Tough thing to value that, on its own Steve.

If it's mint and complete, I'd have a punt at around the 300 mark not working, 350-400 working? I'd base that price on what you'd expect to pay for a nice complete Atari cocktail/cabaret Asteroids or Battlezone cab.

I guess it's about finding someone who needs one, or wants to replace a sh*tty one they might already have.

Nad sold a NOS tube couple years back for 140:

forcefulfil View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
EDOT King

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forcefulfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 8:38am
I sold 2 workers to andy @ £80 each with minor burn

Edited by forcefulfil - 18 May 2018 at 8:39am
UKVAC: The longest running UK Arcade forum on the net
DanP View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Whipcracker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 9:45am
£50 as is, £100 working seems the current going rate.   I've paid as little as £40 for them in the past.   The burn free CRT probably adds a bit more value to that, especially if working.
bonehead View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 10:04am
Definatly going to keep it then at those prices.

Thanks
aeroflott View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
A different league

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeroflott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 10:19am
Originally posted by DanP DanP wrote:

£50 as is, £100 working seems the current going rate.   I've paid as little as £40 for them in the past.   The burn free CRT probably adds a bit more value to that, especially if working.

Wow. Guess I'm way off. 50 quid for a non working GO5? I'm amazed.
grobda View Drop Down
"Look at the size of that thing!"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grobda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 10:34am
You take a punt on this kind of stuff if youre picking it up as part of a deal from an operator, but I wouldnt buy an untested 14" B&W vector monitor for anything more than £20.

That tube could be knackered; i'm immeditely suspicious of a completely burn free G05.  Maybe it never worked in the first place. Then you've just bought yourself a burn free paperweight.LOL

sporadically obsessed with this sh*t
DanP View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Whipcracker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 10:39am
I think this is one of those items where if you need one you *really* need it and will pay higher prices,  say for example you have a cabaret vector cab without a monitor.   If you don't need one for a cab they are obviously useful for test rigs (assuming you can find a way to power it), but most people who want one for that tend to have one already.   That leaves people who would want it as a spare.   This category tends not to pay top dollar, they'll take it if it's cheap but otherwise will pass.

Obviously I may be totally wrong but I'm guessing that if someone did really want it would already be sold.   @Steve, you could put it on eBay and see what the wider market thinks?
tb lilley View Drop Down
5 Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tb lilley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 11:22am
Bought one untested a good few years back for £40 (turned out to be a worker). Let a worker go a couple of years ago as part of a part exchange - think nominal value of that was about £100.
It's only original once.
bonehead View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 11:30am
Ok thanks guys. It’s going to be a keeper so no sale value as I might be getting a cocktail that might need it.
Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic